Los Angeles Lakers – Utah Jazz Preview: Where To Watch Live Stream Online, Prediction And More
January 26, 2013 9:13 AM EST
The Los Angeles Lakers season is on a fast, downward spiral.
Midway through the season, the team has no realistic chance of catching the L.A. Clippers and winning the Pacific Division. The Lakers still have a chance to sneak into the playoffs as the eighth or seventh seed, but even those hopes are fading. They trail the Houston Rockets by four games for the last spot in the postseason.
Los Angeles is closer to the bottom of the conference than they are to the last playoff team. They have just a three-game lead over the New Orleans Hornets, who sit in last place in the West with a 14-28 record.
If L.A. wants any shot of reaching the postseason, they’ll have to start beating teams that are in front of them. One of those clubs is the Utah Jazz.
Utah currently sits in seventh place in the West and six games better than L.A. at 23-19. On Friday night, the two teams are set to square off at Staples Center at 7:30 p.m. pacific time. Viewers can watch a live stream of the event online by purchasing NBA League Pass Broadband.
L.A. is looking to snap a four-game losing streak. They should get a boost by returning home for the first time in over a week. The Lakers are two games above .500 in front of their home fans, but 5-15 on the road.
Dwight Howard left the team’s last contest after reinjuring his shoulder. The center’s initial diagnosis was day-to-day, but reports indicate that he will start against Utah.
Howard played in both of the Lakers two previous meetings with the Jazz, though it didn’t help much. Utah won both games by at least seven points, and hasn’t lost to Los Angeles in their last four games.
Pau Gasol is, once again, expected to come off the bench. He didn’t play the last two times that the team’s met, when Kobe Bryant led all scored with 34 points, but to no avail.
Betting Line: Los Angeles -5, 205
Prediction: In two games, the Lakers have yet to prove that they can beat the Jazz. With a seemingly unhappy Gasol and Howard, and Mike D’Antoni unable to put the Lakers players in a position to win, they haven’t shown any indication that they will beat the Jazz on Friday.
Predicted Score: Utah 103, Los Angeles 99
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- Roger Federer and Michael Jordan Collaborate To Create Sneaker History For the US Open 2014
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected