Sissoko Admits Newcastle Fans Secured Transfer
January 26, 2013 5:58 AM EST
Newcastle United have confirmed the signing of France midfielder Moussa Sissoko for an undisclosed fee on a six-and-a-half year deal from Toulouse.
The 23 year old becomes the club's fifth signing of the January transfer window, and the 10th French-based player at St James' Park.
Sissoko, who has five international caps to his name, has spent his entire professional career at Toulouse and admits the obsessive fans at Newcastle persuaded him to put pen to paper on a long-term contract.
"I am delighted to be a Newcastle United player," Sissoko said.
"This is a massive Club playing in the best league in the world, and I believe my style of play is suited to the Premier League.
"I have heard lots about how fantastic the Newcastle supporters are and cannot wait to get started.
"I am rising to a new challenge by coming here and want to firstly help the team improve this season and then progress after that."
Manager Alan Pardew said: "This transfer window has proved very productive for us and Moussa arriving today is a massive plus for the Club.
"He will bring drive and energy to the squad, he is a winner and that's why I'm especially pleased to have him with us.
"What all our signings this window bring is essential competition for places and that is great for the remainder of the season."
Pardew has signed five players in the January transfer window, with Mathieu Debuchy, Yoan Gouffran, Massadio Haidara and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa all joining from France after the club sold Demba Ba to Chelsea.
With captain Fabricio Coloccini also committing himself to the club until the end of the season after negotiations with Newcastle to cancel his contract due to personal reasons, January is proving to be a fruitful month for Pardew's side.
The club lie 16th in the Premier League table, two points adrift of the bottom three ahead a critical game against fellow strugglers Aston Villa, but with a host of new players preparing to make their debuts Newcastle have a potential trump card to pull in their attempts to beat the drop to The Championship.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?