Liverpool's Recruitment Team Planning Two More January Signings
By Nick Howson | January 26, 2013 5:31 AM EST
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers says the club want two more signings in the January transfer window to add to striker Daniel Sturridge.
Sturridge joined in the opening week of the window, and has since scored in each of his three appearances for The Reds.
But Rodgers wants to make further additions to his squad and amid rumours over moves for Blackpool's Tom Ince and Inter Milan midfield Philippe Coutinho, says Liverpool's recruitment team are working hard to make deals happen.
"We hope to do some business between now and the end of the month. The owners have been brilliant and supporting," said Rodgers.
"We know we still need one or two additions more. The club is doing everything it possible can to assist me in that. If we can, great. If not, we'll have to review it again in the summer.
"We've got a young player who'll go out on loan to get some experience but apart from that I don't expect people [to go]. One or two, maybe, to come in.
"The real plans are for now," he added. "Short term we want to improve and develop. You can see that, we brought in Daniel and he's been excellent so far.
"We got the recruitment team in, the lines are very clear, everyone has an understanding of where we're at and it's working how we envisaged it to work.
"There is a small group who communicate a lot and go through targets, and there is a small group who'll decide what players we're going to bring in. It's worked very, very well, and that relationship will only get better going forward.
"We acted quickly bringing Daniel Sturridge in and he's made a great impact, and proven that the owners were right to fund the money for him. £12 million for a player like Daniel Sturridge is a real bargain and I think he'll prove that over the next couple of seasons."
While rumours regarding Ince have been sporadic in recent weeks, Liverpool have been strongly linked with a move for Coutinho, the Inter Brazilian midfielder, of late with the club credited with having made an £8m offer for the player.
But Rodgers is still yet to confirm his interest for Coutinho, who has one international cap to his name, as Liverpool's hunt for new additions continues.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2