Mr. Belding Wants 'Saved By The Bell' Reunion: Will The Bayside Gang Reunite?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 26, 2013 4:03 AM EST
Will the cast of “Saved by the Bell” follow in the footsteps of “Boy Meets World” and reunite? If it were up to Dennis Haskins, better known as principal “Mr. Belding” from the hit 1990s show, the answer would be a resounding yes.
Haskins, who played Bayside High School Principal Richard Belding, said he has longed for the days when the cast would reunite, according to TMZ.
“I have always supported a reunion of any kind including all of us,” the 62-year-old actor told the gossip website Thursday. “Honestly, the fans still love us and our show so much … they deserve it!”
While the show hasn’t been on the air for more than 20 years, “Saved by the Bell” episodes run in syndication on cable.
Support for a “Saved by the Bell” reunion first gained steam earlier this week when Mark-Paul Gosselaar, aka Zack Morris, told TMZ he was open to the idea.
Asked if he would check out “Girls Meets World,” the upcoming show based off fellow 1990s hit “Boy Meets World” where Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel reprise their roles as Cory and Topanga, Gosselaar responded, “Yeah, I’ll see how they do it, and maybe we’ll do a reunion as well.”
It’s unclear whether the rest of the Bayside gang, including Kelly Kapowski (Tiffani-Amber Thiessen,) Screech (Dustin Diamond,) and Lisa Turtle (Lark Voorhies,) is down for a reunion.
The “Saved by the Bell” actors have had less than middling success since their breakout roles in the series.
Meanwhile, Diamond is infamously known for his 2006 sex tape, “Screeched – Saved by the smell,” and Voorhies is struggling with bi-polar disorder and hasn’t returned to acting.
Haskins, a native of Chattanooga, Tenn., also hasn’t enjoyed success since his “Saved by the Bell” days. Mr. Belding has had guest roles on “How I Met Your Mother” and the AMC hit “Mad Men.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet