Super Bowl XLVII: Songs Beyonce And Destiny's Child Will Perform Revealed
By Amethyst Tate | January 26, 2013 2:27 AM EST
Days after the Beyonce lip-syncing scandal, the set list for her performance at Super Bowl 2013 has been revealed.
Beyonce will begin the half-time show with her hit song, “Crazy in Love,” which features her husband, Jay-Z, a source told Us Magazine.
She will then reunite with her Destiny’s Child members, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams. They will sing a medley of some of their greatest hits including “Bills, Bills, Bill” and “Survivor.” They will also perform their newest song since 2004, “Nuclear,” a love song.
On Jan. 10, Beyonce announced on her official website that Destiny’s Child will be releasing another album, which is a compilation of their greatest love songs, along with this new song.
"She can't wait to get on the Super Bowl stage and show everyone," the Us Magazine source went on to say.
On Monday, Beyonce gave an outstanding performance at the Presidential Inauguration, but was met with backlash when it was confirmed that she lip-synched the National Anthem.
The New York Post reported that a representative for the United States Marine band said that Beyonce decided to sing using a pre-recorded track right before she took the stage.
“All music is pre-recorded for the ceremony because there are so many eventualities and conditions that day,” Kristin DuBois, a band representative told Page Six.
“We performed, live, the band. But we received last-minute word that Beyonce was going to use the pre-recorded vocal track. Those were the instructions we were given. We don’t know what the reason why.”
Michelle Williams and an array of other celebrities came to her defense.
“It’s disappointing and saddening to me,” Williams told “Good Morning America.” It’s just shocking to me that it’s taken on this...That was such a big moment for her and I just wish people would just let it go and just continue to look for what she’s going to be bringing for ya’ll in the future.”
This year’s Super Bowl XLVII takes place Feb. 3 in New Orleans. The Baltimore Ravens will take on the San Fransico 49ers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation