Super Bowl XLVII: Songs Beyonce And Destiny's Child Will Perform Revealed
By Amethyst Tate | January 26, 2013 2:27 AM EST
Days after the Beyonce lip-syncing scandal, the set list for her performance at Super Bowl 2013 has been revealed.
Beyonce will begin the half-time show with her hit song, “Crazy in Love,” which features her husband, Jay-Z, a source told Us Magazine.
She will then reunite with her Destiny’s Child members, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams. They will sing a medley of some of their greatest hits including “Bills, Bills, Bill” and “Survivor.” They will also perform their newest song since 2004, “Nuclear,” a love song.
On Jan. 10, Beyonce announced on her official website that Destiny’s Child will be releasing another album, which is a compilation of their greatest love songs, along with this new song.
"She can't wait to get on the Super Bowl stage and show everyone," the Us Magazine source went on to say.
On Monday, Beyonce gave an outstanding performance at the Presidential Inauguration, but was met with backlash when it was confirmed that she lip-synched the National Anthem.
The New York Post reported that a representative for the United States Marine band said that Beyonce decided to sing using a pre-recorded track right before she took the stage.
“All music is pre-recorded for the ceremony because there are so many eventualities and conditions that day,” Kristin DuBois, a band representative told Page Six.
“We performed, live, the band. But we received last-minute word that Beyonce was going to use the pre-recorded vocal track. Those were the instructions we were given. We don’t know what the reason why.”
Michelle Williams and an array of other celebrities came to her defense.
“It’s disappointing and saddening to me,” Williams told “Good Morning America.” It’s just shocking to me that it’s taken on this...That was such a big moment for her and I just wish people would just let it go and just continue to look for what she’s going to be bringing for ya’ll in the future.”
This year’s Super Bowl XLVII takes place Feb. 3 in New Orleans. The Baltimore Ravens will take on the San Fransico 49ers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast