Super Bowl XLVII: Songs Beyonce And Destiny's Child Will Perform Revealed
By Amethyst Tate | January 26, 2013 2:27 AM EST
Days after the Beyonce lip-syncing scandal, the set list for her performance at Super Bowl 2013 has been revealed.
Beyonce will begin the half-time show with her hit song, “Crazy in Love,” which features her husband, Jay-Z, a source told Us Magazine.
She will then reunite with her Destiny’s Child members, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams. They will sing a medley of some of their greatest hits including “Bills, Bills, Bill” and “Survivor.” They will also perform their newest song since 2004, “Nuclear,” a love song.
On Jan. 10, Beyonce announced on her official website that Destiny’s Child will be releasing another album, which is a compilation of their greatest love songs, along with this new song.
"She can't wait to get on the Super Bowl stage and show everyone," the Us Magazine source went on to say.
On Monday, Beyonce gave an outstanding performance at the Presidential Inauguration, but was met with backlash when it was confirmed that she lip-synched the National Anthem.
The New York Post reported that a representative for the United States Marine band said that Beyonce decided to sing using a pre-recorded track right before she took the stage.
“All music is pre-recorded for the ceremony because there are so many eventualities and conditions that day,” Kristin DuBois, a band representative told Page Six.
“We performed, live, the band. But we received last-minute word that Beyonce was going to use the pre-recorded vocal track. Those were the instructions we were given. We don’t know what the reason why.”
Michelle Williams and an array of other celebrities came to her defense.
“It’s disappointing and saddening to me,” Williams told “Good Morning America.” It’s just shocking to me that it’s taken on this...That was such a big moment for her and I just wish people would just let it go and just continue to look for what she’s going to be bringing for ya’ll in the future.”
This year’s Super Bowl XLVII takes place Feb. 3 in New Orleans. The Baltimore Ravens will take on the San Fransico 49ers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert