Super Bowl XLVII: Songs Beyonce And Destiny's Child Will Perform Revealed
By Amethyst Tate | January 26, 2013 2:27 AM EST
Days after the Beyonce lip-syncing scandal, the set list for her performance at Super Bowl 2013 has been revealed.
Beyonce will begin the half-time show with her hit song, “Crazy in Love,” which features her husband, Jay-Z, a source told Us Magazine.
She will then reunite with her Destiny’s Child members, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams. They will sing a medley of some of their greatest hits including “Bills, Bills, Bill” and “Survivor.” They will also perform their newest song since 2004, “Nuclear,” a love song.
On Jan. 10, Beyonce announced on her official website that Destiny’s Child will be releasing another album, which is a compilation of their greatest love songs, along with this new song.
"She can't wait to get on the Super Bowl stage and show everyone," the Us Magazine source went on to say.
On Monday, Beyonce gave an outstanding performance at the Presidential Inauguration, but was met with backlash when it was confirmed that she lip-synched the National Anthem.
The New York Post reported that a representative for the United States Marine band said that Beyonce decided to sing using a pre-recorded track right before she took the stage.
“All music is pre-recorded for the ceremony because there are so many eventualities and conditions that day,” Kristin DuBois, a band representative told Page Six.
“We performed, live, the band. But we received last-minute word that Beyonce was going to use the pre-recorded vocal track. Those were the instructions we were given. We don’t know what the reason why.”
Michelle Williams and an array of other celebrities came to her defense.
“It’s disappointing and saddening to me,” Williams told “Good Morning America.” It’s just shocking to me that it’s taken on this...That was such a big moment for her and I just wish people would just let it go and just continue to look for what she’s going to be bringing for ya’ll in the future.”
This year’s Super Bowl XLVII takes place Feb. 3 in New Orleans. The Baltimore Ravens will take on the San Fransico 49ers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]