Super Bowl XLVII: Songs Beyonce And Destiny's Child Will Perform Revealed
By Amethyst Tate | January 26, 2013 2:27 AM EST
Days after the Beyonce lip-syncing scandal, the set list for her performance at Super Bowl 2013 has been revealed.
Beyonce will begin the half-time show with her hit song, “Crazy in Love,” which features her husband, Jay-Z, a source told Us Magazine.
She will then reunite with her Destiny’s Child members, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams. They will sing a medley of some of their greatest hits including “Bills, Bills, Bill” and “Survivor.” They will also perform their newest song since 2004, “Nuclear,” a love song.
On Jan. 10, Beyonce announced on her official website that Destiny’s Child will be releasing another album, which is a compilation of their greatest love songs, along with this new song.
"She can't wait to get on the Super Bowl stage and show everyone," the Us Magazine source went on to say.
On Monday, Beyonce gave an outstanding performance at the Presidential Inauguration, but was met with backlash when it was confirmed that she lip-synched the National Anthem.
The New York Post reported that a representative for the United States Marine band said that Beyonce decided to sing using a pre-recorded track right before she took the stage.
“All music is pre-recorded for the ceremony because there are so many eventualities and conditions that day,” Kristin DuBois, a band representative told Page Six.
“We performed, live, the band. But we received last-minute word that Beyonce was going to use the pre-recorded vocal track. Those were the instructions we were given. We don’t know what the reason why.”
Michelle Williams and an array of other celebrities came to her defense.
“It’s disappointing and saddening to me,” Williams told “Good Morning America.” It’s just shocking to me that it’s taken on this...That was such a big moment for her and I just wish people would just let it go and just continue to look for what she’s going to be bringing for ya’ll in the future.”
This year’s Super Bowl XLVII takes place Feb. 3 in New Orleans. The Baltimore Ravens will take on the San Fransico 49ers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales