Coachella 2013 Lineup Announced: Blur, The Stone Roses, Phoenix and Red Hot Chili Peppers Headline
By Charles Poladian | January 26, 2013 2:28 AM EST
Coachella has released its initial lineup for the 2013 festival -- and the Rolling Stones and Daft Punk are not on it. Coachella, which takes place in Indio, Calif., will happen over two weekends, April 12 through April 14 and April 19 through April 21.
The speculation surrounding America's biggest festival usually runs at a fever pitch in December when some supposed leaks about the lineup begin to surface. Daft Punk was rumored to headline the festival after Songkick sent an email that announced several artists set to appear at Coachella while The Rolling Stones were also projected to appear at Coachella after an update on their official app included a tour date that corresponded with the festival.
Unfortunately, neither bands will appear at Coachella 2013 but that's not to say the lineup is disappointing. Headlining Friday will be two reunited UK acts, Blur and The Stone Roses. On Saturday, French pop group Phoenix will headline and the Red Hot Chili Peppers will close on Sunday. Coachella is unique in that the same lineup is repeated on both weekends of the festival,
Joining the headliners at the top of the bill will be Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Modest Mouse, Lou Reed, Jurassic 5, Grinderman, The xx, The Postal Service, Sigur Ros, New Order, Hot Chip, Grizzly Bear, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Vampire Weekend, Social Distortion and Wu-Tang Clan. Coachella is a diverse musical experience and kicks off the festival season in America.
While the headliners ensure ticket sales, fans come to discover new acts and Coachella does not disappoint. Bands like Father John Misty, Jessie Ware, Youth Lagoon, TNGHT, Jake Bugg, Purity Ring and Alt-J will play to the biggest crowds of their career. Other acts, such as Trent Reznor's new band, How to Destroy Angels, The Lumineers, Violent Femmes, Beach House, Bassnectar, Pretty Lights as well as Tegan and Sara already have strong followings and will be eagerly anticipated. Dog Blood, the project of Skrillex and Boys Noize, will be making their debut at the festival.
Tickets for both weekends of the festival will go on sale January 29 at 10:00 am PST. The lineup can be viewed in the photo accompanying this article. Expect plenty of announcements regarding Coachella, including additional artists, in the near future.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015