Coachella 2013 Lineup Announced: Blur, The Stone Roses, Phoenix and Red Hot Chili Peppers Headline
By Charles Poladian | January 26, 2013 2:28 AM EST
Coachella has released its initial lineup for the 2013 festival -- and the Rolling Stones and Daft Punk are not on it. Coachella, which takes place in Indio, Calif., will happen over two weekends, April 12 through April 14 and April 19 through April 21.
The speculation surrounding America's biggest festival usually runs at a fever pitch in December when some supposed leaks about the lineup begin to surface. Daft Punk was rumored to headline the festival after Songkick sent an email that announced several artists set to appear at Coachella while The Rolling Stones were also projected to appear at Coachella after an update on their official app included a tour date that corresponded with the festival.
Unfortunately, neither bands will appear at Coachella 2013 but that's not to say the lineup is disappointing. Headlining Friday will be two reunited UK acts, Blur and The Stone Roses. On Saturday, French pop group Phoenix will headline and the Red Hot Chili Peppers will close on Sunday. Coachella is unique in that the same lineup is repeated on both weekends of the festival,
Joining the headliners at the top of the bill will be Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Modest Mouse, Lou Reed, Jurassic 5, Grinderman, The xx, The Postal Service, Sigur Ros, New Order, Hot Chip, Grizzly Bear, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Vampire Weekend, Social Distortion and Wu-Tang Clan. Coachella is a diverse musical experience and kicks off the festival season in America.
While the headliners ensure ticket sales, fans come to discover new acts and Coachella does not disappoint. Bands like Father John Misty, Jessie Ware, Youth Lagoon, TNGHT, Jake Bugg, Purity Ring and Alt-J will play to the biggest crowds of their career. Other acts, such as Trent Reznor's new band, How to Destroy Angels, The Lumineers, Violent Femmes, Beach House, Bassnectar, Pretty Lights as well as Tegan and Sara already have strong followings and will be eagerly anticipated. Dog Blood, the project of Skrillex and Boys Noize, will be making their debut at the festival.
Tickets for both weekends of the festival will go on sale January 29 at 10:00 am PST. The lineup can be viewed in the photo accompanying this article. Expect plenty of announcements regarding Coachella, including additional artists, in the near future.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone