Coachella 2013 Lineup Announced: Blur, The Stone Roses, Phoenix and Red Hot Chili Peppers Headline
By Charles Poladian | January 26, 2013 2:28 AM EST
Coachella has released its initial lineup for the 2013 festival -- and the Rolling Stones and Daft Punk are not on it. Coachella, which takes place in Indio, Calif., will happen over two weekends, April 12 through April 14 and April 19 through April 21.
The speculation surrounding America's biggest festival usually runs at a fever pitch in December when some supposed leaks about the lineup begin to surface. Daft Punk was rumored to headline the festival after Songkick sent an email that announced several artists set to appear at Coachella while The Rolling Stones were also projected to appear at Coachella after an update on their official app included a tour date that corresponded with the festival.
Unfortunately, neither bands will appear at Coachella 2013 but that's not to say the lineup is disappointing. Headlining Friday will be two reunited UK acts, Blur and The Stone Roses. On Saturday, French pop group Phoenix will headline and the Red Hot Chili Peppers will close on Sunday. Coachella is unique in that the same lineup is repeated on both weekends of the festival,
Joining the headliners at the top of the bill will be Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Modest Mouse, Lou Reed, Jurassic 5, Grinderman, The xx, The Postal Service, Sigur Ros, New Order, Hot Chip, Grizzly Bear, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Vampire Weekend, Social Distortion and Wu-Tang Clan. Coachella is a diverse musical experience and kicks off the festival season in America.
While the headliners ensure ticket sales, fans come to discover new acts and Coachella does not disappoint. Bands like Father John Misty, Jessie Ware, Youth Lagoon, TNGHT, Jake Bugg, Purity Ring and Alt-J will play to the biggest crowds of their career. Other acts, such as Trent Reznor's new band, How to Destroy Angels, The Lumineers, Violent Femmes, Beach House, Bassnectar, Pretty Lights as well as Tegan and Sara already have strong followings and will be eagerly anticipated. Dog Blood, the project of Skrillex and Boys Noize, will be making their debut at the festival.
Tickets for both weekends of the festival will go on sale January 29 at 10:00 am PST. The lineup can be viewed in the photo accompanying this article. Expect plenty of announcements regarding Coachella, including additional artists, in the near future.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop