Coachella 2013 Lineup Announced: Blur, The Stone Roses, Phoenix and Red Hot Chili Peppers Headline
By Charles Poladian | January 26, 2013 2:28 AM EST
Coachella has released its initial lineup for the 2013 festival -- and the Rolling Stones and Daft Punk are not on it. Coachella, which takes place in Indio, Calif., will happen over two weekends, April 12 through April 14 and April 19 through April 21.
The speculation surrounding America's biggest festival usually runs at a fever pitch in December when some supposed leaks about the lineup begin to surface. Daft Punk was rumored to headline the festival after Songkick sent an email that announced several artists set to appear at Coachella while The Rolling Stones were also projected to appear at Coachella after an update on their official app included a tour date that corresponded with the festival.
Unfortunately, neither bands will appear at Coachella 2013 but that's not to say the lineup is disappointing. Headlining Friday will be two reunited UK acts, Blur and The Stone Roses. On Saturday, French pop group Phoenix will headline and the Red Hot Chili Peppers will close on Sunday. Coachella is unique in that the same lineup is repeated on both weekends of the festival,
Joining the headliners at the top of the bill will be Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Modest Mouse, Lou Reed, Jurassic 5, Grinderman, The xx, The Postal Service, Sigur Ros, New Order, Hot Chip, Grizzly Bear, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Vampire Weekend, Social Distortion and Wu-Tang Clan. Coachella is a diverse musical experience and kicks off the festival season in America.
While the headliners ensure ticket sales, fans come to discover new acts and Coachella does not disappoint. Bands like Father John Misty, Jessie Ware, Youth Lagoon, TNGHT, Jake Bugg, Purity Ring and Alt-J will play to the biggest crowds of their career. Other acts, such as Trent Reznor's new band, How to Destroy Angels, The Lumineers, Violent Femmes, Beach House, Bassnectar, Pretty Lights as well as Tegan and Sara already have strong followings and will be eagerly anticipated. Dog Blood, the project of Skrillex and Boys Noize, will be making their debut at the festival.
Tickets for both weekends of the festival will go on sale January 29 at 10:00 am PST. The lineup can be viewed in the photo accompanying this article. Expect plenty of announcements regarding Coachella, including additional artists, in the near future.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- UEFA Champions League Draw Result and Replay: Arsenal Joins Toughest Group, Cristiano Ronaldo Named Best Player In Europe [PHOTOS and VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans