Wall Street climbs at open on earnings
January 26, 2013 1:42 AM EST
Stocks rose at the open on Friday, putting the S&P 500 on track for its longest winning streak in eight years, buoyed by rosy earnings from Procter & Gamble amid a backdrop of sturdy corporate results.
The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> gained 16.82 points, or 0.12 percent, to 13,842.15. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> rose 2.48 points, or 0.17 percent, to 1,497.30. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> advanced 9.48 points, or 0.30 percent, to 3,139.86.
(Reporting by Chuck Mikolajczak; Editing by Bernadette Baum)
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight