Wenger Wants January Transfer Window Overhaul
By Vanessa Keller | January 26, 2013 1:40 AM EST
Arsene Wenger says he wants an overhaul of the January transfer window, with the Arsenal manager calling for a limit of players that a club can purchase throughout the month.
And as Wenger admitted that Arsenal are unlikely to sign any more players in the window, the Frenchman stressed his disapproval of transfers in the middle of the season in general, saying he'd prefer an overhaul of the system.
"I think it should be all completely cut out or limited to two players," he said, as reported in the Mirror.
"Because it is unfair for the league that some teams who have played for example now twice Newcastle already have an advantage on teams who play Newcastle now they have bought six or seven players.
"You do not face exactly the same team so I believe the number of players you could buy should be limited.
"It is unfair for the league because some teams who have played Newcastle twice already have an advantage on teams who play against Newcastle now when they have bought six or seven players. they do not face the same team. I believe the number of players you can buy should be limited."
Wenger has a history of not being successful with his January buys, with the market often being overpriced and clubs unlikely to let go of important players midway through the season.
This month Arsenal have been connected to a host of players, including David Villa, Mats Hummels and Mohamed Diame.
But Wenger insisted today that he is not interested in any of the trio, and would rather concentrate on making sure his current squad are fit and ready for the rest of the season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Manny Pacquiao Calls Out On Floyd Mayweather Jr. Again After Unbeaten Boxer Mocks Him With His KO Video
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Marussia Formula One Team Keeps Its Promise To Injured Driver
- Phil Hughes No More: Australian Batsman Dies at 25
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast