Wenger Wants January Transfer Window Overhaul
By Vanessa Keller | January 26, 2013 1:40 AM EST
Arsene Wenger says he wants an overhaul of the January transfer window, with the Arsenal manager calling for a limit of players that a club can purchase throughout the month.
And as Wenger admitted that Arsenal are unlikely to sign any more players in the window, the Frenchman stressed his disapproval of transfers in the middle of the season in general, saying he'd prefer an overhaul of the system.
"I think it should be all completely cut out or limited to two players," he said, as reported in the Mirror.
"Because it is unfair for the league that some teams who have played for example now twice Newcastle already have an advantage on teams who play Newcastle now they have bought six or seven players.
"You do not face exactly the same team so I believe the number of players you could buy should be limited.
"It is unfair for the league because some teams who have played Newcastle twice already have an advantage on teams who play against Newcastle now when they have bought six or seven players. they do not face the same team. I believe the number of players you can buy should be limited."
Wenger has a history of not being successful with his January buys, with the market often being overpriced and clubs unlikely to let go of important players midway through the season.
This month Arsenal have been connected to a host of players, including David Villa, Mats Hummels and Mohamed Diame.
But Wenger insisted today that he is not interested in any of the trio, and would rather concentrate on making sure his current squad are fit and ready for the rest of the season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand