Wenger Wants January Transfer Window Overhaul
By Vanessa Keller | January 26, 2013 1:40 AM EST
Arsene Wenger says he wants an overhaul of the January transfer window, with the Arsenal manager calling for a limit of players that a club can purchase throughout the month.
And as Wenger admitted that Arsenal are unlikely to sign any more players in the window, the Frenchman stressed his disapproval of transfers in the middle of the season in general, saying he'd prefer an overhaul of the system.
"I think it should be all completely cut out or limited to two players," he said, as reported in the Mirror.
"Because it is unfair for the league that some teams who have played for example now twice Newcastle already have an advantage on teams who play Newcastle now they have bought six or seven players.
"You do not face exactly the same team so I believe the number of players you could buy should be limited.
"It is unfair for the league because some teams who have played Newcastle twice already have an advantage on teams who play against Newcastle now when they have bought six or seven players. they do not face the same team. I believe the number of players you can buy should be limited."
Wenger has a history of not being successful with his January buys, with the market often being overpriced and clubs unlikely to let go of important players midway through the season.
This month Arsenal have been connected to a host of players, including David Villa, Mats Hummels and Mohamed Diame.
But Wenger insisted today that he is not interested in any of the trio, and would rather concentrate on making sure his current squad are fit and ready for the rest of the season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- NBA Preview: Milwaukee Bucks Look to Develop Youngsters Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'