The Nemenoff Report Bonds Lower, S&P's higher, Silver Lower
By Marc Nemenoff | January 26, 2013 1:29 AM EST
Financials: Mar. Bonds are currently 1'04 lower at 144'23 and the 10 Yr. Note 16 lower at 131'23.5. My bias remains negative, that being said, the market is currently trading at support. If you were aggressive and sold yesterday morning's early rally cover your position. Short term traders might consider trying the long side of the market at current levels with a protective sell stop at 144'12.
Grains: Mar. Corn is currentlty 6'2 lower at 718'0, Mar. Beans 8'0 lower at 1427'2, Mar. Wheat 3'0 lower at 765'4 and Dec. Wheat 5'0 lower at 801'6. I am still biased to the long side of Mar. Corn on a break to the 707'0-712'0 area. Resistance remains in the 734'0 area. Consider going long out of the money call spreads in Dec. Wheat.
Cattle: Apr. LC are currently 57 higher at 130.925 and Mar. FC 40 higher at 148.35. These markets have had a pretty good run to the upside in the last few days. Take profits ahead of this afternoon's Cattle on Feed Report. "Better to be out too early than too late".
Silver: Mar. Silver is currently 15 cents lower at 31.57 and Apr. Gold 10.00 dollars lower at 1660.00. We remain long Silver. Gold is nearing support in the 1645.00-1657.00 area, levels where I am willing to try the long side of the market with a protective sell stop in the mid 1620's. A close below the 1627.00 level could negate upside momentum.
S&P's: Mar. S&P's are currently 3.00 higher at 1494.75. We are still short a small position. Long term resistance is currently the 1502.00-1507.00 area. The contract high is currently 1497.75.
Currencies: As of this writing the Mar. Euro is trading 91 higher at 1.3470, the Swiss 39 higher at 1.0818, the Yen 121 lower at 1.0998 and the Pound 18 higher at 1.5805. We have been stopped out of any remaining short Euro positions when the market traded above the 1.3365 level. Yesterday we tried the long side of the yen and were stopped out when the market traded below the 1.1086 level. The Yen is now approaching long term support at 1.0800.
888.908.4310 | 312.264.4310
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed