UK court identifies Barclays staff named in rate probe
By Matt Scuffham | January 26, 2013 12:49 AM EST
A number of Barclays
The list includes the head of Barclays' investment bank, Rich Ricci, who has led a reputation-based review of all of Barclays' investment banking activities following the scandal, which saw the bank fined $453 million (286.6 million pounds) by United States and British authorities.
The list also includes finance director Chris Lucas, former Chief Executive Bob Diamond, former chief operating officer Jerry del Missier, and former compliance head Stephen Morse.
A British judge ordered the bank to reveal their identities during a preliminary hearing for a test case on the mis-selling of interest rate swaps brought by a residential care home operator.
A longer list of 104 individuals who were named in court papers was released on Thursday after the judge denied their request for anonymity. The shorter list of 25, released on Friday, names those specifically referred to in regulatory documents referring to Libor manipulation.
Twenty-four of the 25 had requested anonymity - the exception being former Barclays trader Jay Merchant, who went on to become head of swaps trading at UBS before leaving his position last August amid federal scrutiny of his activities while at Barclays.
None of those named is necessarily implicated in any wrongdoing.
Guardian Care Homes alleges Barclays mis-sold interest rate hedging products based on Libor (London interbank offered rate) in a case that is shining a light on those involved in the bank's interest rate-setting process.
(Editing by David Cowell)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6