UK court identifies Barclays staff named in rate probe
By Matt Scuffham | January 26, 2013 12:49 AM EST
A number of Barclays
The list includes the head of Barclays' investment bank, Rich Ricci, who has led a reputation-based review of all of Barclays' investment banking activities following the scandal, which saw the bank fined $453 million (286.6 million pounds) by United States and British authorities.
The list also includes finance director Chris Lucas, former Chief Executive Bob Diamond, former chief operating officer Jerry del Missier, and former compliance head Stephen Morse.
A British judge ordered the bank to reveal their identities during a preliminary hearing for a test case on the mis-selling of interest rate swaps brought by a residential care home operator.
A longer list of 104 individuals who were named in court papers was released on Thursday after the judge denied their request for anonymity. The shorter list of 25, released on Friday, names those specifically referred to in regulatory documents referring to Libor manipulation.
Twenty-four of the 25 had requested anonymity - the exception being former Barclays trader Jay Merchant, who went on to become head of swaps trading at UBS before leaving his position last August amid federal scrutiny of his activities while at Barclays.
None of those named is necessarily implicated in any wrongdoing.
Guardian Care Homes alleges Barclays mis-sold interest rate hedging products based on Libor (London interbank offered rate) in a case that is shining a light on those involved in the bank's interest rate-setting process.
(Editing by David Cowell)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’