Kate Middleton Accepts Honorary Membership at Wimbledon
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 26, 2013 12:20 AM EST
The 31-year-old Duchess of Cambridge, who is pregnant with her first child, was a regular at Wimbledon last year, with her husband Prince William. And although she is unlikely to be back at SW19 in June (she is expected to give birth in July), the understanding is that Kate Middleton will succeed Prince Edward, the Duke of Kent, as the All England Club's president.
"The Duchess was pleased to accept the kind offer, particularly given her interest in tennis," a statement on behalf of the Duchess read.
Meanwhile, Kate, who still in the early stages of pregnancy, is undergoing hypnotherapy to help her overcome problems related to morning sickness. She was diagnosed with Hyperemesis Gravidarum (acute morning sickness), which is a "potentially serious" ailment causing vomiting and a bodily reaction against intake of food and liquids.
The ailment is commonly found in pregnant women carrying twins but an earlier release from St James' Palace has confirmed the Duchess is not expecting twins.
"Kate still looks at food and feels nauseous. She's been plagued with that feeling you have when you've had food poisoning and your stomach's shrunk," Jessica Hay, a friend, told Australia's New Idea magazine.
"She finds it very hard to eat a full meal and gets full very quickly. The hypnotherapy is taking away any negative thoughts connected with food from the morning sickness, and replacing them with cravings for healthy, nutritious food," Hay added.
Finally, Now magazine reports Kate Middleton will be gifted the Silver Cross pram, made for Queen Elizabeth, and since used by every generation of the family. In addition, the newborn will also recieve the Queen's rocking horse - given to her by her mother. Kate and William will also be allowed, it is reported, to choose toys from those given to Queen Victoria's children, which are in a museum.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues