Kate Middleton Accepts Honorary Membership at Wimbledon
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 26, 2013 12:20 AM EST
The 31-year-old Duchess of Cambridge, who is pregnant with her first child, was a regular at Wimbledon last year, with her husband Prince William. And although she is unlikely to be back at SW19 in June (she is expected to give birth in July), the understanding is that Kate Middleton will succeed Prince Edward, the Duke of Kent, as the All England Club's president.
"The Duchess was pleased to accept the kind offer, particularly given her interest in tennis," a statement on behalf of the Duchess read.
Meanwhile, Kate, who still in the early stages of pregnancy, is undergoing hypnotherapy to help her overcome problems related to morning sickness. She was diagnosed with Hyperemesis Gravidarum (acute morning sickness), which is a "potentially serious" ailment causing vomiting and a bodily reaction against intake of food and liquids.
The ailment is commonly found in pregnant women carrying twins but an earlier release from St James' Palace has confirmed the Duchess is not expecting twins.
"Kate still looks at food and feels nauseous. She's been plagued with that feeling you have when you've had food poisoning and your stomach's shrunk," Jessica Hay, a friend, told Australia's New Idea magazine.
"She finds it very hard to eat a full meal and gets full very quickly. The hypnotherapy is taking away any negative thoughts connected with food from the morning sickness, and replacing them with cravings for healthy, nutritious food," Hay added.
Finally, Now magazine reports Kate Middleton will be gifted the Silver Cross pram, made for Queen Elizabeth, and since used by every generation of the family. In addition, the newborn will also recieve the Queen's rocking horse - given to her by her mother. Kate and William will also be allowed, it is reported, to choose toys from those given to Queen Victoria's children, which are in a museum.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People