Newcastle United Striker Nile Ranger Arrested on Suspicion of Rape
By Ewan Palmer | January 25, 2013 10:38 PM EST
Newcastle United striker Nile Ranger has been arrested on suspicion of rape.
The 21-year-old was arrested after police received a complaint from a woman alleging she had been sexually attacked in a hotel in Newcastle.
The striker was arrested at his home in Forest Hall, North Tyneside and taken to Wallsend police station. Ranger is still being questioned by police.
A Northumbria Police spokesman said: "A woman reported to police that she had been raped overnight at a hotel in Jesmond.
"A 21-year-old man has been arrested at an address in Forest Hall on suspicion of rape."
The London-born striker has made 51 appearances for the Magpies and scored two goals.
He has been capped 11 times at England under-19s level, scoring on his first international start against Bosnia on 27 May.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch