Newcastle United Striker Nile Ranger Arrested on Suspicion of Rape
By Ewan Palmer | January 25, 2013 10:38 PM EST
Newcastle United striker Nile Ranger has been arrested on suspicion of rape.
The 21-year-old was arrested after police received a complaint from a woman alleging she had been sexually attacked in a hotel in Newcastle.
The striker was arrested at his home in Forest Hall, North Tyneside and taken to Wallsend police station. Ranger is still being questioned by police.
A Northumbria Police spokesman said: "A woman reported to police that she had been raped overnight at a hotel in Jesmond.
"A 21-year-old man has been arrested at an address in Forest Hall on suspicion of rape."
The London-born striker has made 51 appearances for the Magpies and scored two goals.
He has been capped 11 times at England under-19s level, scoring on his first international start against Bosnia on 27 May.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date