Newcastle United Striker Nile Ranger Arrested on Suspicion of Rape
By Ewan Palmer | January 25, 2013 10:38 PM EST
Newcastle United striker Nile Ranger has been arrested on suspicion of rape.
The 21-year-old was arrested after police received a complaint from a woman alleging she had been sexually attacked in a hotel in Newcastle.
The striker was arrested at his home in Forest Hall, North Tyneside and taken to Wallsend police station. Ranger is still being questioned by police.
A Northumbria Police spokesman said: "A woman reported to police that she had been raped overnight at a hotel in Jesmond.
"A 21-year-old man has been arrested at an address in Forest Hall on suspicion of rape."
The London-born striker has made 51 appearances for the Magpies and scored two goals.
He has been capped 11 times at England under-19s level, scoring on his first international start against Bosnia on 27 May.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan