Newcastle United Striker Nile Ranger Arrested on Suspicion of Rape
By Ewan Palmer | January 25, 2013 10:38 PM EST
Newcastle United striker Nile Ranger has been arrested on suspicion of rape.
The 21-year-old was arrested after police received a complaint from a woman alleging she had been sexually attacked in a hotel in Newcastle.
The striker was arrested at his home in Forest Hall, North Tyneside and taken to Wallsend police station. Ranger is still being questioned by police.
A Northumbria Police spokesman said: "A woman reported to police that she had been raped overnight at a hotel in Jesmond.
"A 21-year-old man has been arrested at an address in Forest Hall on suspicion of rape."
The London-born striker has made 51 appearances for the Magpies and scored two goals.
He has been capped 11 times at England under-19s level, scoring on his first international start against Bosnia on 27 May.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight