Root Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE N8020 on Android 4.1.2 XXBMA3 Jelly Bean [Tutorial]
By Sarmistha Acharya | January 25, 2013 10:06 PM EST
An official firmware update, Android 4.1.2 with build number XXBMA3, has been released for the LTE version of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 with model number N8020. The software update is currently available in Australia (including a couple of other countries) and is compatible with a number of European countries including the UK. The firmware is completely unbranded and can be installed via OTA as well as Samsung Kies.
Galaxy Note 10.1 users, who have already updated their device with Android 4.1.2 XXBMA3 Jelly Bean, may follow the guide below to root their devices. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Before following the root method, users are advised to ensure that their devices meet the below-mentioned requirements.
1) Install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging mode.
3) Backup all the important data including APN Settings.
4) The battery in the Note should have at least 50 per cent of charge.
5) Rooting the Note will void manufacturer warranty.
6) The guide below only roots the tablet. In order to install custom ROMs, users need to flash custom recovery such as CWM recovery.
Steps to root Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE N8020 on Android 4.1.2 XXBMA3 Jelly Bean
1) Download CF-Auto-Root file for Galaxy Note 10.1 to the computer. Extract the CF-Auto-Root-p4notelte-gtn8020.zip to get a file with .tar extension under extracted folder
2) Download Odin 3.07 and extract the downloaded zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with a few other files
3) Switch off the Galaxy Note and place it in Download Mode. To do so press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together. A warning screen will appear, now press the Volume Down button again to enter Download Mode
4) Run Odin on the computer
5) Connect the Note to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. A message saying 'Added' will arrive under Odin's message box. If the device is successfully connected to the computer, the COM port with a number in Yellow will also appear
6) In Odin click the PDA tab and select the CF-Auto-Root-p4notelte-gtn8020.tar.md5 file
7) Ensure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin Window
8) Now click the Start button in Odin to begin installation
9) After the installation process is completed, a message saying Pass with green background in the extreme left box at the top of Odin box will arrive. The tablet will then automatically reboot and soon the Samsung logo will appear on the screen. Now, disconnect the tablet from the computer
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE N8020 running on Android 4.1.2 XXBMA3 Jelly Bean official firmware is now rooted successfully. To verify whether the device is rooted properly or not, install Root Checker app available at Google Play Store.
[Source: Android Jinn]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates