Tottenham Transfer Rumour: AVB Targets Senegal Midfielder
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 25, 2013 9:31 PM EST
Tottenham are considering a move for West Ham midfielder Mohamed Diame. The Daily Star believes Spurs' chairman Daniel Levy will take charge of the negotiations. The 25-year-old Senegalese international has also been linked to Spurs' rivals Arsenal, although the African has ruled out a move to the Emirates.
And that will make Levy's job even harder. Diame has confirmed he wishes to remain at Upton Park and see out his contract with Sam Allardyce's club, which runs till 2015.
Diame has a release clause in his present contract, believed to be £3.5m. An earlier IBTimes UK report suggested a growing split between club and player, over the possibility of an approach by Arsenal and the club wanting Diame to sign a new contract that would increase the release fee. However, the holding midfielder's comments seem to have settled the question of his immediate future.
Spurs, meanwhile, will hope to convince Diame to join White Hart Lane, given the lack of cover in midfield. Brazil international Sandro is unavailable for the rest of the season after injuring his leg and Levy seems to have failed in his attempt to bring Schalke 04 midfielder Lewis Holtby to the club ahead of schedule; the Bundesliga player earlier agreed to join in the summer.
Dawson: Have to be Professional Against Leeds
Meanwhile, Tottenham are scheduled to face Leeds United in the fourth round of the FA Cup. And England international Michael Dawson has warned team mates against underestimating the former Premier league side.
"Neil Warnock always gets his teams right up for matches, it will be a sell-out, the fans will be right behind them and the atmosphere will be brilliant. We have to be ready, and I'm sure we will be. Leeds have some top players... If we're not at the races, we'll come unstuck. We have to be professional, do the job and try to get through to the next round," Dawson said to the north London club's Web site.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nick Kyrgios Holds Twitter Q&A, Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time And His Favourite Superhero
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight