Tottenham Transfer Rumour: AVB Targets Senegal Midfielder
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 25, 2013 9:31 PM EST
Tottenham are considering a move for West Ham midfielder Mohamed Diame. The Daily Star believes Spurs' chairman Daniel Levy will take charge of the negotiations. The 25-year-old Senegalese international has also been linked to Spurs' rivals Arsenal, although the African has ruled out a move to the Emirates.
And that will make Levy's job even harder. Diame has confirmed he wishes to remain at Upton Park and see out his contract with Sam Allardyce's club, which runs till 2015.
Diame has a release clause in his present contract, believed to be £3.5m. An earlier IBTimes UK report suggested a growing split between club and player, over the possibility of an approach by Arsenal and the club wanting Diame to sign a new contract that would increase the release fee. However, the holding midfielder's comments seem to have settled the question of his immediate future.
Spurs, meanwhile, will hope to convince Diame to join White Hart Lane, given the lack of cover in midfield. Brazil international Sandro is unavailable for the rest of the season after injuring his leg and Levy seems to have failed in his attempt to bring Schalke 04 midfielder Lewis Holtby to the club ahead of schedule; the Bundesliga player earlier agreed to join in the summer.
Dawson: Have to be Professional Against Leeds
Meanwhile, Tottenham are scheduled to face Leeds United in the fourth round of the FA Cup. And England international Michael Dawson has warned team mates against underestimating the former Premier league side.
"Neil Warnock always gets his teams right up for matches, it will be a sell-out, the fans will be right behind them and the atmosphere will be brilliant. We have to be ready, and I'm sure we will be. Leeds have some top players... If we're not at the races, we'll come unstuck. We have to be professional, do the job and try to get through to the next round," Dawson said to the north London club's Web site.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?