Tottenham Transfer Rumour: AVB Targets Senegal Midfielder
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 25, 2013 9:31 PM EST
Tottenham are considering a move for West Ham midfielder Mohamed Diame. The Daily Star believes Spurs' chairman Daniel Levy will take charge of the negotiations. The 25-year-old Senegalese international has also been linked to Spurs' rivals Arsenal, although the African has ruled out a move to the Emirates.
And that will make Levy's job even harder. Diame has confirmed he wishes to remain at Upton Park and see out his contract with Sam Allardyce's club, which runs till 2015.
Diame has a release clause in his present contract, believed to be £3.5m. An earlier IBTimes UK report suggested a growing split between club and player, over the possibility of an approach by Arsenal and the club wanting Diame to sign a new contract that would increase the release fee. However, the holding midfielder's comments seem to have settled the question of his immediate future.
Spurs, meanwhile, will hope to convince Diame to join White Hart Lane, given the lack of cover in midfield. Brazil international Sandro is unavailable for the rest of the season after injuring his leg and Levy seems to have failed in his attempt to bring Schalke 04 midfielder Lewis Holtby to the club ahead of schedule; the Bundesliga player earlier agreed to join in the summer.
Dawson: Have to be Professional Against Leeds
Meanwhile, Tottenham are scheduled to face Leeds United in the fourth round of the FA Cup. And England international Michael Dawson has warned team mates against underestimating the former Premier league side.
"Neil Warnock always gets his teams right up for matches, it will be a sell-out, the fans will be right behind them and the atmosphere will be brilliant. We have to be ready, and I'm sure we will be. Leeds have some top players... If we're not at the races, we'll come unstuck. We have to be professional, do the job and try to get through to the next round," Dawson said to the north London club's Web site.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Angel Di Maria’s Exit And Hummels’ Future Move
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money