Tottenham Transfer Rumour: AVB Targets Senegal Midfielder
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 25, 2013 9:31 PM EST
Tottenham are considering a move for West Ham midfielder Mohamed Diame. The Daily Star believes Spurs' chairman Daniel Levy will take charge of the negotiations. The 25-year-old Senegalese international has also been linked to Spurs' rivals Arsenal, although the African has ruled out a move to the Emirates.
And that will make Levy's job even harder. Diame has confirmed he wishes to remain at Upton Park and see out his contract with Sam Allardyce's club, which runs till 2015.
Diame has a release clause in his present contract, believed to be £3.5m. An earlier IBTimes UK report suggested a growing split between club and player, over the possibility of an approach by Arsenal and the club wanting Diame to sign a new contract that would increase the release fee. However, the holding midfielder's comments seem to have settled the question of his immediate future.
Spurs, meanwhile, will hope to convince Diame to join White Hart Lane, given the lack of cover in midfield. Brazil international Sandro is unavailable for the rest of the season after injuring his leg and Levy seems to have failed in his attempt to bring Schalke 04 midfielder Lewis Holtby to the club ahead of schedule; the Bundesliga player earlier agreed to join in the summer.
Dawson: Have to be Professional Against Leeds
Meanwhile, Tottenham are scheduled to face Leeds United in the fourth round of the FA Cup. And England international Michael Dawson has warned team mates against underestimating the former Premier league side.
"Neil Warnock always gets his teams right up for matches, it will be a sell-out, the fans will be right behind them and the atmosphere will be brilliant. We have to be ready, and I'm sure we will be. Leeds have some top players... If we're not at the races, we'll come unstuck. We have to be professional, do the job and try to get through to the next round," Dawson said to the north London club's Web site.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28