Tottenham Transfer Rumour: AVB Targets Senegal Midfielder
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 25, 2013 9:31 PM EST
Tottenham are considering a move for West Ham midfielder Mohamed Diame. The Daily Star believes Spurs' chairman Daniel Levy will take charge of the negotiations. The 25-year-old Senegalese international has also been linked to Spurs' rivals Arsenal, although the African has ruled out a move to the Emirates.
And that will make Levy's job even harder. Diame has confirmed he wishes to remain at Upton Park and see out his contract with Sam Allardyce's club, which runs till 2015.
Diame has a release clause in his present contract, believed to be £3.5m. An earlier IBTimes UK report suggested a growing split between club and player, over the possibility of an approach by Arsenal and the club wanting Diame to sign a new contract that would increase the release fee. However, the holding midfielder's comments seem to have settled the question of his immediate future.
Spurs, meanwhile, will hope to convince Diame to join White Hart Lane, given the lack of cover in midfield. Brazil international Sandro is unavailable for the rest of the season after injuring his leg and Levy seems to have failed in his attempt to bring Schalke 04 midfielder Lewis Holtby to the club ahead of schedule; the Bundesliga player earlier agreed to join in the summer.
Dawson: Have to be Professional Against Leeds
Meanwhile, Tottenham are scheduled to face Leeds United in the fourth round of the FA Cup. And England international Michael Dawson has warned team mates against underestimating the former Premier league side.
"Neil Warnock always gets his teams right up for matches, it will be a sell-out, the fans will be right behind them and the atmosphere will be brilliant. We have to be ready, and I'm sure we will be. Leeds have some top players... If we're not at the races, we'll come unstuck. We have to be professional, do the job and try to get through to the next round," Dawson said to the north London club's Web site.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’