EU Morning Report - EUR strengthening, as US labour market improves
By NikolasX | January 25, 2013 8:28 PM EST
The euro (EUR) is rising against most of its major counterparts, early in the European session. The single currency recorded a fresh daily at 1.3418 against the US dollar (USD). French disappointing manufacturing data and a record high unemployment in Spain pushed the euro (EUR) lower yesterday during the EU session. However, the release of better than expected German data and signs of an improving labour market in the US helped the single currency rebound. Market participants today will be closely monitoring the release of the German IFO Business Climate at 09:00 GMT.
§ The US dollar (USD) is trading sideways against the Japanese yen (JPY) after rising above the 90 figure, following the comments made by the Japanese Trade Minister Nishimura who said that an exchange rate of “USDJPY“ at 100 would not be a problem”.
§ GOLD (XAU) is relatively quiet, trading just above 1670 US dollars (USD) an ounce. Nevertheless the precious metal is susceptible to wild moves following calm spells such as this one.
§ The British pound (GBP) has weakened considerably in the past few days and it will be very interesting to trade its price action before and after the release of the 4th quarter Gross Domestic Product.
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.3320||LONG @ 1.3340||42% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||90.00||LONG @ 90.00||37% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.5820||SHORT @ 1.5810||51% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0480||SHORT @ 1.0480||23% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1676||SHORT @ 1676||69% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||96.25||LONG @ 96.25||21% of deals buy OIL|
|.||EUR||09:00||German IFO Business Climate||103.1|
|.||GBP||09:30||Preliminary 4th Quarter GDP||-0.1%|
|.||USD||15:00||New Home Sales in December||387 k|
Silver (XAG) is rising against the US dollar (USD) following its drop to a major support level found at 31.60. The precious metal could launch a reversal from here but a break-and-hold below this level could pave the way for lower lows.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales