EU Morning Report - EUR strengthening, as US labour market improves
By NikolasX | January 25, 2013 8:28 PM EST
The euro (EUR) is rising against most of its major counterparts, early in the European session. The single currency recorded a fresh daily at 1.3418 against the US dollar (USD). French disappointing manufacturing data and a record high unemployment in Spain pushed the euro (EUR) lower yesterday during the EU session. However, the release of better than expected German data and signs of an improving labour market in the US helped the single currency rebound. Market participants today will be closely monitoring the release of the German IFO Business Climate at 09:00 GMT.
§ The US dollar (USD) is trading sideways against the Japanese yen (JPY) after rising above the 90 figure, following the comments made by the Japanese Trade Minister Nishimura who said that an exchange rate of “USDJPY“ at 100 would not be a problem”.
§ GOLD (XAU) is relatively quiet, trading just above 1670 US dollars (USD) an ounce. Nevertheless the precious metal is susceptible to wild moves following calm spells such as this one.
§ The British pound (GBP) has weakened considerably in the past few days and it will be very interesting to trade its price action before and after the release of the 4th quarter Gross Domestic Product.
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.3320||LONG @ 1.3340||42% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||90.00||LONG @ 90.00||37% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.5820||SHORT @ 1.5810||51% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0480||SHORT @ 1.0480||23% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1676||SHORT @ 1676||69% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||96.25||LONG @ 96.25||21% of deals buy OIL|
|.||EUR||09:00||German IFO Business Climate||103.1|
|.||GBP||09:30||Preliminary 4th Quarter GDP||-0.1%|
|.||USD||15:00||New Home Sales in December||387 k|
Silver (XAG) is rising against the US dollar (USD) following its drop to a major support level found at 31.60. The precious metal could launch a reversal from here but a break-and-hold below this level could pave the way for lower lows.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’