EU Morning Report - EUR strengthening, as US labour market improves
By NikolasX | January 25, 2013 8:28 PM EST
The euro (EUR) is rising against most of its major counterparts, early in the European session. The single currency recorded a fresh daily at 1.3418 against the US dollar (USD). French disappointing manufacturing data and a record high unemployment in Spain pushed the euro (EUR) lower yesterday during the EU session. However, the release of better than expected German data and signs of an improving labour market in the US helped the single currency rebound. Market participants today will be closely monitoring the release of the German IFO Business Climate at 09:00 GMT.
§ The US dollar (USD) is trading sideways against the Japanese yen (JPY) after rising above the 90 figure, following the comments made by the Japanese Trade Minister Nishimura who said that an exchange rate of “USDJPY“ at 100 would not be a problem”.
§ GOLD (XAU) is relatively quiet, trading just above 1670 US dollars (USD) an ounce. Nevertheless the precious metal is susceptible to wild moves following calm spells such as this one.
§ The British pound (GBP) has weakened considerably in the past few days and it will be very interesting to trade its price action before and after the release of the 4th quarter Gross Domestic Product.
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.3320||LONG @ 1.3340||42% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||90.00||LONG @ 90.00||37% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.5820||SHORT @ 1.5810||51% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0480||SHORT @ 1.0480||23% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1676||SHORT @ 1676||69% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||96.25||LONG @ 96.25||21% of deals buy OIL|
|.||EUR||09:00||German IFO Business Climate||103.1|
|.||GBP||09:30||Preliminary 4th Quarter GDP||-0.1%|
|.||USD||15:00||New Home Sales in December||387 k|
Silver (XAG) is rising against the US dollar (USD) following its drop to a major support level found at 31.60. The precious metal could launch a reversal from here but a break-and-hold below this level could pave the way for lower lows.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia