Biocon Plans to Introduce New Psoriasis Drug in July-Sept Quarter
January 25, 2013 6:04 PM EST
Biocon(BION.NS), India's top listed biotech firm, plans to launch psoriasis drug Alzumab in the country in the July-September quarter, a top company executive said on Friday.
The company expects sales of 1 billion rupees from the drug over four years, Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, chairman, Biocon said in a conference call.
Late on Thursday, Biocon reported an 8.24 percent rise in net profit to 920 million rupees for the Oct-Dec quarter compared with a year earlier.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- China Crackdown Against Christianity: Removes Church Cross, Cites Building Code Violation
- 5 Hollywood Stars Who Are Also Business Tycoons
- Transfer News: In Demand Everton Midfielder Silence Speculations by Penning New Deal [VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Reebok Launches Bacon Line to Lure CrossFit and Paleo Diet Fans
- Transfer News: Star Midfielder Pledges Future with Manchester City [VIDEO]
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand