Coromandel International Signs Agreement to Buy Liberty Phosphate Ltd
January 25, 2013 5:40 PM EST
Coromandel International (CORF.NS) said it has signed a definitive agreement to buy a controlling stake in fertiliser maker Liberty Phosphate Ltd (LIBP.BO) and two of its affiliates for up to 3.75 billion rupees to strengthen its soil nutrients business.
Coromandel will buy the founders' stake of 56.28 percent in Liberty Phosphate for 241 rupees a share. It has also made an open offer to public shareholders of Liberty Phosphate for an additional 26 percent at the same price, it said in a filing with the Bombay Stock Exchange.
The acquisition will raise Coromandel's single super phosphate (SSP) capacity to over one million tonnes from the present 130,000 tonnes, the company said in a separate statement.
Coromandel will also buy 100 percent equity in Liberty Urvarak Ltd and Tungabhadra Fertilizers & Chemicals Co through separate agreements, it said.
Single super phosphate or SSP is obtained through a chemical reaction between rock phosphate and sulphuric and is a cheaper alternative to the popular diammonium phosphate. It helps treat sulphur deficiency in soil and enhances yield of crops such as oil seeds, pulses, sugarcane, fruits and vegetables.
Liberty Phosphate and its affiliates clocked a combined net profit of 68 million rupees on sales of 6.45 billion rupees in the fiscal year 2011/12, Coromandel said, adding it would fund the acquisition through internal accruals.
Shares in Coromandel International were down 6.8 percent at 11:25 a.m. while Liberty Phosphate was up 3.45 percent.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Russia Demands Ukraine Release Communications With Doomed Malaysia Airlines MH17, Preliminary Report On Investigations Out This Month
- Ebola Update: Liberian Forces Receive Shoot Orders Against People Trying to Cross from Sierra Leone Border
- Historic First Time: Catholic Pontiff Pope Francis Supports Military Intervention Against ISIS In Iraq
- Chinese Airlines Receives Lawsuit for Rejecting HIV-Positive Passengers
- Travel Alert: Canada Issues Warning Against Chikungunya Disease in Caribbean
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff