Lava Mobiles to Launch Second Intel-Powered 'Xolo X500' Smartphone for ₹8,999
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 25, 2013 4:44 PM EST
Indian smartphone maker Lava Mobiles is all set to introduce its next Intel-powered smartphone 'X500' in the Xolo series with the new Atom Lexington Z2420 chip in the coming days.
The Atom Lexington Z2420 chip was one of the attractions at the recently concluded Consumer Electronics Show (CES). The smartphone powered by the Z2420 chip is expected to be available in the coming week for ₹8,999.
Previous rumours about the Android smartphone had suggested that the handset fall in the ₹7,000 price bracket.
Lava Xolo X500 sports a 3.5-inch display with a pixel resolution of 480X320. The smartphone comes with dual-SIM capacity and Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system powered by Atom Z2420 processor which is clocked at 1.2GHz. The processor incorporates Intel's Hyper-Threading Technology, said reports.
The device comes equipped with a 5-megapixel camera which is capable of clicking seven images in the burst mode at six frames per second. The handset packs 512MB of RAM and internal memory storage of 4GB which is expandable up to 32GB through a microSD card slot. It also packs a battery of 1500 mAh.
According to NDTV, Lava Mobiles has already shipped the first batch of Xolo X500 units. The company has also launched yet another Xolo handset in the market called Xolo A500. The device runs on Android Ice Cream Sandwich OS backed by a 1GHz dual-core processor and is priced at ₹6,999.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc. Stock Surge Observed as Hedge Funds 'Feasted' Ahead of iPhone 6 Launch
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Vodafone Buys Ericsson Equipment to Replace 5-Year-Old Network Technologies
- Small Businesses Claim Positive Financial Situation but Negative on Outlook
- Perfume Maker Elizabeth Arden Blames Poor Q4 Financial Results on Justin Bieber Scent
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015