Lava Mobiles to Launch Second Intel-Powered 'Xolo X500' Smartphone for ₹8,999
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 25, 2013 4:44 PM EST
Indian smartphone maker Lava Mobiles is all set to introduce its next Intel-powered smartphone 'X500' in the Xolo series with the new Atom Lexington Z2420 chip in the coming days.
The Atom Lexington Z2420 chip was one of the attractions at the recently concluded Consumer Electronics Show (CES). The smartphone powered by the Z2420 chip is expected to be available in the coming week for ₹8,999.
Previous rumours about the Android smartphone had suggested that the handset fall in the ₹7,000 price bracket.
Lava Xolo X500 sports a 3.5-inch display with a pixel resolution of 480X320. The smartphone comes with dual-SIM capacity and Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system powered by Atom Z2420 processor which is clocked at 1.2GHz. The processor incorporates Intel's Hyper-Threading Technology, said reports.
The device comes equipped with a 5-megapixel camera which is capable of clicking seven images in the burst mode at six frames per second. The handset packs 512MB of RAM and internal memory storage of 4GB which is expandable up to 32GB through a microSD card slot. It also packs a battery of 1500 mAh.
According to NDTV, Lava Mobiles has already shipped the first batch of Xolo X500 units. The company has also launched yet another Xolo handset in the market called Xolo A500. The device runs on Android Ice Cream Sandwich OS backed by a 1GHz dual-core processor and is priced at ₹6,999.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS