Lava Mobiles to Launch Second Intel-Powered 'Xolo X500' Smartphone for ₹8,999
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 25, 2013 4:44 PM EST
Indian smartphone maker Lava Mobiles is all set to introduce its next Intel-powered smartphone 'X500' in the Xolo series with the new Atom Lexington Z2420 chip in the coming days.
The Atom Lexington Z2420 chip was one of the attractions at the recently concluded Consumer Electronics Show (CES). The smartphone powered by the Z2420 chip is expected to be available in the coming week for ₹8,999.
Previous rumours about the Android smartphone had suggested that the handset fall in the ₹7,000 price bracket.
Lava Xolo X500 sports a 3.5-inch display with a pixel resolution of 480X320. The smartphone comes with dual-SIM capacity and Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system powered by Atom Z2420 processor which is clocked at 1.2GHz. The processor incorporates Intel's Hyper-Threading Technology, said reports.
The device comes equipped with a 5-megapixel camera which is capable of clicking seven images in the burst mode at six frames per second. The handset packs 512MB of RAM and internal memory storage of 4GB which is expandable up to 32GB through a microSD card slot. It also packs a battery of 1500 mAh.
According to NDTV, Lava Mobiles has already shipped the first batch of Xolo X500 units. The company has also launched yet another Xolo handset in the market called Xolo A500. The device runs on Android Ice Cream Sandwich OS backed by a 1GHz dual-core processor and is priced at ₹6,999.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown