Lava Mobiles to Launch Second Intel-Powered 'Xolo X500' Smartphone for ₹8,999
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 25, 2013 4:44 PM EST
Indian smartphone maker Lava Mobiles is all set to introduce its next Intel-powered smartphone 'X500' in the Xolo series with the new Atom Lexington Z2420 chip in the coming days.
The Atom Lexington Z2420 chip was one of the attractions at the recently concluded Consumer Electronics Show (CES). The smartphone powered by the Z2420 chip is expected to be available in the coming week for ₹8,999.
Previous rumours about the Android smartphone had suggested that the handset fall in the ₹7,000 price bracket.
Lava Xolo X500 sports a 3.5-inch display with a pixel resolution of 480X320. The smartphone comes with dual-SIM capacity and Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system powered by Atom Z2420 processor which is clocked at 1.2GHz. The processor incorporates Intel's Hyper-Threading Technology, said reports.
The device comes equipped with a 5-megapixel camera which is capable of clicking seven images in the burst mode at six frames per second. The handset packs 512MB of RAM and internal memory storage of 4GB which is expandable up to 32GB through a microSD card slot. It also packs a battery of 1500 mAh.
According to NDTV, Lava Mobiles has already shipped the first batch of Xolo X500 units. The company has also launched yet another Xolo handset in the market called Xolo A500. The device runs on Android Ice Cream Sandwich OS backed by a 1GHz dual-core processor and is priced at ₹6,999.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border