Lava Mobiles to Launch Second Intel-Powered 'Xolo X500' Smartphone for ₹8,999
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 25, 2013 4:44 PM EST
Indian smartphone maker Lava Mobiles is all set to introduce its next Intel-powered smartphone 'X500' in the Xolo series with the new Atom Lexington Z2420 chip in the coming days.
The Atom Lexington Z2420 chip was one of the attractions at the recently concluded Consumer Electronics Show (CES). The smartphone powered by the Z2420 chip is expected to be available in the coming week for ₹8,999.
Previous rumours about the Android smartphone had suggested that the handset fall in the ₹7,000 price bracket.
Lava Xolo X500 sports a 3.5-inch display with a pixel resolution of 480X320. The smartphone comes with dual-SIM capacity and Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system powered by Atom Z2420 processor which is clocked at 1.2GHz. The processor incorporates Intel's Hyper-Threading Technology, said reports.
The device comes equipped with a 5-megapixel camera which is capable of clicking seven images in the burst mode at six frames per second. The handset packs 512MB of RAM and internal memory storage of 4GB which is expandable up to 32GB through a microSD card slot. It also packs a battery of 1500 mAh.
According to NDTV, Lava Mobiles has already shipped the first batch of Xolo X500 units. The company has also launched yet another Xolo handset in the market called Xolo A500. The device runs on Android Ice Cream Sandwich OS backed by a 1GHz dual-core processor and is priced at ₹6,999.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones