'Fifty Shades of Grey' Film Update: Director's Seat Already Filled Out?
By Diadem Pambid | January 25, 2013 3:46 PM EST
"Fifty Shades" fans rejoice because news is that a director has finally been chosen for the highly-anticipated film adaptation. If the rumors are true, author E.L. James has already chosen a director to direct the film adaptation of the best-selling erotica novel, "Fifty Shades of Grey." So who is set to hit the cameras rolling for the BDSM-filled movie?
Fans of E.L. James novels are just tired of hearing rumors one after the other after waiting for quite some time. Universal Pictures and Focus Features had already secured rights to the film earlier in 2012 and now all that is missing are directors.
The "Twilight" inspired novels is set to be turned into a film this year and rumor has it after months of searching for a director, E.L. James has finally found one. The director is said to be none other than the Oscar nominated producers of "The Social Network", Dana Brunetti and Mike De Luca. Studio heads who had a conference back in 2012 have spoken up about James' novel and about filming the explicit sex scenes.
"At its core, 'Fifty Shades of Grey' is a complex love story, requiring a delicate and sophisticated hand to bring it to the big screen," said Donna Langley, Universal Pictures Co-Chairman, adding, "Mike and Dana's credits more than exemplify what we need in creative partners and we're glad to have them as part of our team."
"Michael De Luca is a dream producer, whose combination of vision, taste and fearlessness is the perfect match for 'Fifty Shades of Grey'," added James Schamus, Focus Features' Chief Executive Officer.
Hopefully, all this talk about Michael De Luca and Dana Brunetti directing the film isn't purely hoax. Fans of the books have waited so long for such an announcement. As for those who pray that the film won't push through, chances are the film will still roll even with sex scenes not fit for the cinema.
"50 Shades the novel is fan fiction robbed of its source material. But the film will be an adaptation designed to echo the popular book-so it'll be close to fan fiction itself," states Theatlantic.com on the upcoming film adaptation.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June