Amanda Seyfried Calls 'Mean Girls' Her 'Best Work,' Disregarding 'Les Miserables'
By Maria Vultaggio | January 25, 2013 2:16 PM EST
While she was at the Sundance Film Festival, she was being questioned through tons of interviews, but instead of the blonde bombshell talking about portraying one of the world’s most famous deep-throating porn stars, Linda Lovelace, in her latest flick, she felt the need to gush about her days while making “Mean Girls.”
When speaking about the apex of her career, celebrity blogger Perez Hilton quoted the star as saying: “I’ve gotten a lot of cool opportunities here and there, and I’ve made some good choices with the help of my amazing team. I was with them since I was 16. It all feels right; it feels good. I still look back at 'Mean Girls' as my best work. ... It was written so well and so wonderfully directed. [Director] Mark Waters made me look good; he made me funny. And Tina Fey wrote the coolest script of all time. I’m so grateful for every experience."
The 2004 movie launched the careers of her co-stars Lindsay Lohan and Rachel McAdams, and, while Seyfried watched her peers become an overnight success, she patiently waited for her next big break.
But, the actress explained that Lohan and McAdams aren’t going in her “Burn Book” anytime soon. She explained: "It’s been such a slow move for me. And I’m really lucky, because I got to experience each thing as it came, as opposed to being bombarded with all this attention. It’s always been slow. People say, 'Oh, breakout star overnight,' to these actors of my generation. It must be hard to get all that attention and know what’s real at the end of the day. And luckily a lot of them do, and they’re real people. ... I can call them my peers, and I’m super proud."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid