Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4 to be Controlled by Users’ Eyes?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 25, 2013 11:42 AM EST
Upcoming Samsung Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3 may feature technology that allows users' to control the device with their eyes.
This particular feature is Smart Stay which tracked users eyes using the front-facing camera in an effort to keep the screen turned on while the user was looking at the screen. We also saw the company introduce a feature called Smart Rotation which keeps the orientation of either the Galaxy Note 2 or Galaxy S3 aligned with the position of your face, using an accelerometer.
According to Samsung-centric website SamMobile, Samsung has evidently trademarked the names of two potential software features, names of which fall in line with the camera features that Samsung introduced back with Nature UX.
The two features found in the trademark listing are dubbed "Eye Scroll" and "Eye Pause." No information is known about either of them though it's easy to make some guesses. "Eye Scroll" could be a feature that uses the front-facing camera to track eye movement and automatically scroll down or up the page and "Eye Pause" could possibly be the camera tracking eye movement so that when a user looks away from a movie, it automatically pauses.
Last year, Samsung did amazing job in integrating TouchWiz Nature UX in popular Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 along with a string of features. It seems that Samsung is cooking some new features for an upcoming version of its Nature UX interface, features that could potentially find their way into the Samsung Galaxy S4 or the Galaxy Note 3.
Some of the rumoured specifications for the Galaxy S4 include a 5-inch FHD Super AMOLED 1980 x 1080 Flexible Display, 4G LTE connectivity, a 13-megapixel camera, 2-megapixel front camera, 2GB of RAM and Samsung's latest eight core processor, the Exynos 5 Octa that the company introduced at CES.
Some rumours claimed that the device will come with Androidv4.2.1 Jelly Bean out of the box. However, other rumours say that the device will run with Androidv5.0, Key Lime Pie.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3, on the other hand, is rumoured to feature a massive 6.3inch screen display.
However, Samsung released no official comment yet on the rumours surrounding Samsung Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports