Aussie Open Semi-finals: Murray vs Federer Set for Record Plays [Watch it Here: Livestream Link]
By Gilda Galang | January 25, 2013 11:02 AM EST
Today is a historic match between Andy Murray and Roger Federer as they go head-to-head at the semifinals of the Australia Open.
The last time the two players butted heads and rackets was in the 2012 London Olympics, where Murray took home the major title that the 17-time Grand Slam Champion had longed to win.
Throughout the Australian Open, both men have worked hard to get to their deciding match. However, Murray's last match, though a stunning 6-4, 6-1, 6-2 win, was against unseeded Jérémy Chardy, reports The New York Times.
All the while Federer had been getting creative and strategic to defeat No. 7 veteran Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. In the end, Federer conquered the game with five sets and five match points, gearing him up to get the title from his Scot competition.
However, Murray's US Open and Olympic gold medal last year were no easy wins, which may be the deciding factor for his semi-final round.
In numbers, Federer may seem like the better champion when comparing his 17 Grand Slams to Murrays' one-time win. But both players seem on equal footing reports BBC, with Murray's consistent play and Federer's newfound confidence after all the wins in hi matches.
The Men's Singles semifinals round will be held at Melbourne Park at 8:30 GMT. Get updates on the game right here at IBTimes Australia.
Where to watch: The second men's semifinal gets underway at 3.30 a.m. ET. Coverage will be provided by ESPN. With a live stream available on ESPN3.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Who Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers