iPhone 6, iPhone 5S Will Not Sport Larger Screen Display, Suggests Apple CEO
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 25, 2013 10:58 AM EST
Tim Cook also assured investors that Apple picked the right screen size when upgrading to a 4-inch Retina Display. He also carefully dodged talking about the rumours towards the next iPhone. However, this suggests that Apple will stick with its old screen size.
iPhone 5 sports a 4-inch Retina display, which is the most advanced display in the industry and no one comes close to matching the level of quality as the Retina display. This also provided a larger screen size for iPhone customers while considering the comfort of users.
Cook's insisting that 4-inch screen is better for one-handed use and larger screens will only make it more difficult. He also aimed at appeasing developers who would need to accommodate yet another screen size if Apple made a larger iPhone 5S or iPhone 6.
Apple sticking with its 4-inch screen may make it fall behind the competition since Android smartphones are sporting larger screen displays.
Other rumoured features of the next iPhone are super HD camera, massive internal storage of 128GB, Near Field Communication, a better battery and IGZO screen display.
The iPhone 6 may also become smarter and more secured with the aid of a fingerprint sensor. The rumour is included in note of KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, who has a superb track record in iPhone rumours.
The rumour is backed by the fact that Apple bought AuthenTec in 2012. They were well known for their fingerprint scanning technology.
Last week, the Wall Street Journal reported that Apple had halved its orders for the iPhone 5. The report led Apple's share price to dip below $500 per share. From a high of $700 plus to sub $500 value of its stock has shaken the market analysts. The company that was thought to be the best bet in the market has lost around twenty five percent of its value in just over three months.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]