Grey's Anatomy Season 9 Episode 12: Jessica Capshaw Talks Calzona Scoop, 'Walking on a Dream'
By Arlene Paredes | January 25, 2013 10:52 AM EST
Grey's Anatomy Season 9 Episode 12 is called "Walking on a Dream." Fans find this title easy to relate to Jessica Capshaw's character, Arizona Robbins, whose leg has been amputated early this season. Capshaw dishes her thoughts on this episode, as well as her character's relationship with Callie Torres (Sara Ramirez).
Grey's Anatomy Season 9 Episode 12: Arizona and the Phantom Limb Syndrome
Grey's Anatomy on Jan. 24 will tackle the Phantom Limb Syndrome. Medindia.net describes this condition as "a complex phenomenon involving a sensation that an amputated or a missing limb, or an organ, is still attached to the body."
Imagine how painful it would be for Arizona, who is just starting to move on after a long period of bitterness and depression.
"It starts in dream sequences with Arizona understanding this pain through her dreams. She ends up trying to hide it from Callie because she really wants to move on," Capshaw told The Hollywood Reporter in an interview.
"After it doesn't go away, Owen (Kevin McKidd) ends up helping her with different therapies. It's a great story -- it's kind of spooky and a little bit dark but with the same heart that beats throughout the entire tone of the show," the actress continued.
Capshaw also shared her thoughts on fans who couldn't wait to see Callie and Arizona (colloquially known as Calzona) in "normal" happy moments again.
"Arizona is coming back to herself as a doctor and making her way back to herself as a partner," she said. "I get it, I root for characters that I love on TV shows but the truth is you wouldn't want to watch them be happy every single week."
Calzona fans had something to celebrate for in recent weeks. Arizona has dropped the hostility, and she seems to have accepted that Callie should not be blamed for her amputated leg. She did save her life, after all.
It gets even more interesting for Arizona. In the coming episodes, she is bound to discover that if she had not gone on that plane (if she did not get so upset with Karev), the hospital wouldn't be in so much trouble as it is now.
VIDEO: Grey's Anatomy Season 9 Ep 12, Arizona Walks in Pain on a Dream
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone