Grey's Anatomy Season 9 Episode 12: Jessica Capshaw Talks Calzona Scoop, 'Walking on a Dream'
By Arlene Paredes | January 25, 2013 10:52 AM EST
Grey's Anatomy Season 9 Episode 12 is called "Walking on a Dream." Fans find this title easy to relate to Jessica Capshaw's character, Arizona Robbins, whose leg has been amputated early this season. Capshaw dishes her thoughts on this episode, as well as her character's relationship with Callie Torres (Sara Ramirez).
Grey's Anatomy Season 9 Episode 12: Arizona and the Phantom Limb Syndrome
Grey's Anatomy on Jan. 24 will tackle the Phantom Limb Syndrome. Medindia.net describes this condition as "a complex phenomenon involving a sensation that an amputated or a missing limb, or an organ, is still attached to the body."
Imagine how painful it would be for Arizona, who is just starting to move on after a long period of bitterness and depression.
"It starts in dream sequences with Arizona understanding this pain through her dreams. She ends up trying to hide it from Callie because she really wants to move on," Capshaw told The Hollywood Reporter in an interview.
"After it doesn't go away, Owen (Kevin McKidd) ends up helping her with different therapies. It's a great story -- it's kind of spooky and a little bit dark but with the same heart that beats throughout the entire tone of the show," the actress continued.
Capshaw also shared her thoughts on fans who couldn't wait to see Callie and Arizona (colloquially known as Calzona) in "normal" happy moments again.
"Arizona is coming back to herself as a doctor and making her way back to herself as a partner," she said. "I get it, I root for characters that I love on TV shows but the truth is you wouldn't want to watch them be happy every single week."
Calzona fans had something to celebrate for in recent weeks. Arizona has dropped the hostility, and she seems to have accepted that Callie should not be blamed for her amputated leg. She did save her life, after all.
It gets even more interesting for Arizona. In the coming episodes, she is bound to discover that if she had not gone on that plane (if she did not get so upset with Karev), the hospital wouldn't be in so much trouble as it is now.
VIDEO: Grey's Anatomy Season 9 Ep 12, Arizona Walks in Pain on a Dream
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- Jennifer Lopez And Iggy Azalea Show Off Their Incredible Bodies In Risqué Artwork Of 'Booty' Remix
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps