Grey's Anatomy Season 9 Episode 12: Jessica Capshaw Talks Calzona Scoop, 'Walking on a Dream'
By Arlene Paredes | January 25, 2013 10:52 AM EST
Grey's Anatomy Season 9 Episode 12 is called "Walking on a Dream." Fans find this title easy to relate to Jessica Capshaw's character, Arizona Robbins, whose leg has been amputated early this season. Capshaw dishes her thoughts on this episode, as well as her character's relationship with Callie Torres (Sara Ramirez).
Grey's Anatomy Season 9 Episode 12: Arizona and the Phantom Limb Syndrome
Grey's Anatomy on Jan. 24 will tackle the Phantom Limb Syndrome. Medindia.net describes this condition as "a complex phenomenon involving a sensation that an amputated or a missing limb, or an organ, is still attached to the body."
Imagine how painful it would be for Arizona, who is just starting to move on after a long period of bitterness and depression.
"It starts in dream sequences with Arizona understanding this pain through her dreams. She ends up trying to hide it from Callie because she really wants to move on," Capshaw told The Hollywood Reporter in an interview.
"After it doesn't go away, Owen (Kevin McKidd) ends up helping her with different therapies. It's a great story -- it's kind of spooky and a little bit dark but with the same heart that beats throughout the entire tone of the show," the actress continued.
Capshaw also shared her thoughts on fans who couldn't wait to see Callie and Arizona (colloquially known as Calzona) in "normal" happy moments again.
"Arizona is coming back to herself as a doctor and making her way back to herself as a partner," she said. "I get it, I root for characters that I love on TV shows but the truth is you wouldn't want to watch them be happy every single week."
Calzona fans had something to celebrate for in recent weeks. Arizona has dropped the hostility, and she seems to have accepted that Callie should not be blamed for her amputated leg. She did save her life, after all.
It gets even more interesting for Arizona. In the coming episodes, she is bound to discover that if she had not gone on that plane (if she did not get so upset with Karev), the hospital wouldn't be in so much trouble as it is now.
VIDEO: Grey's Anatomy Season 9 Ep 12, Arizona Walks in Pain on a Dream
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop