Apple (AAPL) Q1 2013 Earnings Report Disappoints: Analysts React To Falling Stock And Shares, Offer Outlook Moving Forward
By Dave Smith | January 25, 2013 10:19 AM EST
For the second quarter in a row, Apple fell below street expectations. In its Q1 2013 earnings report, Apple posted record quarterly revenue of $54.5 billion and a record net profit for the quarter of $13.1 billion on $13.81 per diluted share. Based on an independent consensus from 67 different analysts, Wall Street had expected $58.84 billion in revenue on $15.11 earnings per diluted share.
Regarding unit estimates, Wall Street’s consensus expected Apple to have sold roughly 50 million iPhones and 23 million iPads; in the final earnings report, however, Apple reported selling only 47.8 million iPhones and 22.9 million iPads.
“We’re pleased to have generated over $23 billion in cash flow from operations during the quarter,” said Peter Oppenheimer, Apple’s CFO. “We established new all-time quarterly records for iPhone and iPad sales, significantly broadened our ecosystem, and generated Apple’s highest quarterly revenue ever.”
Apple had a strong outing in 2013, but while the brand is still very strong, analysts are extremely worried about the company’s stock (Nasdaq: AAPL). After reporting its record-breaking quarterly revenue on Wednesday afternoon, AAPL shares took a major tumble, dropping roughly 10 percent in after hours trading. As of Thursday afternoon, AAPL shares are listed at 450.50, dropping another two percent in after hours trading.
Apple may have plenty of new and exciting products in its ultra-secretive pipeline for 2013, but its freefalling shares value is leaving many investors, consumers and fans in doubt. Apple needs to shore up its AAPL stock, and quickly; they may benefit by listening to what some of its more prominent analysts and investors have to say. From Barclays to Goldman Sachs to JP Morgan, check out our slideshow to see what the biggest players on Wall Street had to say about Apple’s disappointing Q1 2013 earnings report.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Leading Medical Journal Lancet Supports Decriminalisation of Prostitution to Cut HIV Toll
- New Senator Jacqui Lambie Heats Up Aussie Radio by Saying Potential Suitor Should Be Rich and Well-Hung
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Russia Floats Another Ridiculous Conspiracy Theory that MH 370 & 17 Is One Jet Which U.S. Military Arranged to Be Blown Up Over Ukraine
- Brody Jenner Walks in on Kim Kardashian Taking Naked Photos and More from the Family's Vacation in Thailand
- Boxing News 2014: Another Diss from the Mayweathers as Boxer’s Father Accuses Pacquiao of Agreeing to the Dream Match Only for Money
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June