Apple (AAPL) Q1 2013 Earnings Report Disappoints: Analysts React To Falling Stock And Shares, Offer Outlook Moving Forward
By Dave Smith | January 25, 2013 10:19 AM EST
For the second quarter in a row, Apple fell below street expectations. In its Q1 2013 earnings report, Apple posted record quarterly revenue of $54.5 billion and a record net profit for the quarter of $13.1 billion on $13.81 per diluted share. Based on an independent consensus from 67 different analysts, Wall Street had expected $58.84 billion in revenue on $15.11 earnings per diluted share.
Regarding unit estimates, Wall Street’s consensus expected Apple to have sold roughly 50 million iPhones and 23 million iPads; in the final earnings report, however, Apple reported selling only 47.8 million iPhones and 22.9 million iPads.
“We’re pleased to have generated over $23 billion in cash flow from operations during the quarter,” said Peter Oppenheimer, Apple’s CFO. “We established new all-time quarterly records for iPhone and iPad sales, significantly broadened our ecosystem, and generated Apple’s highest quarterly revenue ever.”
Apple had a strong outing in 2013, but while the brand is still very strong, analysts are extremely worried about the company’s stock (Nasdaq: AAPL). After reporting its record-breaking quarterly revenue on Wednesday afternoon, AAPL shares took a major tumble, dropping roughly 10 percent in after hours trading. As of Thursday afternoon, AAPL shares are listed at 450.50, dropping another two percent in after hours trading.
Apple may have plenty of new and exciting products in its ultra-secretive pipeline for 2013, but its freefalling shares value is leaving many investors, consumers and fans in doubt. Apple needs to shore up its AAPL stock, and quickly; they may benefit by listening to what some of its more prominent analysts and investors have to say. From Barclays to Goldman Sachs to JP Morgan, check out our slideshow to see what the biggest players on Wall Street had to say about Apple’s disappointing Q1 2013 earnings report.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Arsenal FC: Zlatan Or Ronaldo? Wenger Reveals His Biggest 'Missed Signing' Regret
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- Nude Photo Leak: Kim Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens, Hope Solo Latest Victims Of Hacking Attack, Twitter Explodes With Reactions 'Not' In Support Of Kardashian -- Reports
- Manchester United: Van Gaal Warns Stars That He Will Willingly Bench Them
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- New Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Released, Verizon Guide and Installation