Karrueche Tran Bares All, Including Opinion of Rihanna In Latest Rolling Out Issue [PHOTO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 25, 2013 8:30 AM EST
Karrueche Tran is featured on the latest cover of Rolling Out and discusses everything from her clothing line, to her relationship with Chris Brown to her opinion on Rihanna in an exclusive interview with the magazine.
The fashion designer poses topless and in nude underwear for the cover shot, but dons slightly more clothes throughout the editorial, which features her in a man’s button up shirt sitting by a pool, wearing draping black dress accented with leather, as well as posing in a sheer white lingerie piece.
The magazine notes that photographers poked fun at Tran a little for her tiny frame.
However, the beauty of Vietnamese and African decent has increasingly become a big name due to her prior relationship with singer, Chris Brown. Tran told Rolling Out that she does not understand how dating the eccentric performer has garnered her so much attention.
“I first realized there was a change [when] more people would talk about me in blogs and such,” she said.
“And the paparazzi would take pictures and follow me when I wasn’t around Chris [Brown]. I was like ‘Chris is not here, why are you following me?’ But I was constantly seeing myself on blogs and websites. It was kind of weird.”
Tran notably dated Brown for two years following his tumultuous relationship with fellow singer, Rihanna. Recent months have seen a plethora of internet rumors surrounding the status of Brown's relationship with both Tran and Rihanna. Tran details to the magazine that the public should not necessarily believe everything they read.
“The most challenging part about the attention was the negativity and the misconception from some people,” she told Rolling Out.
“People only see you in blogs and they think they know everything about your life. There are things that go public and everything that comes out is not the truth.”
Rolling Out also asked the up and comer about her opinion on Rihanna, to which she shortly answered, “She’s dope but …”
As of now, Tran is single, but still maintains a professional and platonic relationship with Brown.
“Any breakup is going to be terrible. I had my moments. I put that all in the past now,” she said.
“It is what it is at this point. We’re still gonna be friends. Because at the end of the day he was my best friend. And we have a business together. There’s no way around it.”
Tran heads the clothing line, The-Kill, which is the women’s division of Brown’s brand, Black Pyramid. She told Rolling Out that the name is derived from the La Roux 2009 hit, “In for the Kill,” which she said she listened to on repeat in the early stages of the line.
“I think the name itself will stand out,” she says of the clothing line. “Once people see the collection, they will understand our vision. It’s a unisex line and it’s only black and white. We aren’t copying any other lines or brands. We are just combining our thoughts and creativity and putting it all into this line.”
Tran admits that after a turbulent 2012, she is looking forward to a fresh stard in the New Year.
“Honestly, all I want is happiness. There was a lot of dysfunction and negativity. I just want to be happy. I have so much fun and I’m a better person when I’m happy. That’s all I want in 2013. Everything else will fall in place,” she told Rolling Out.
“I hope people can learn from my story,” Tran says. “I want to be remembered as someone who remained positive through such a negative situation. Regardless of what you’re put through or what is going on in your life, keep a positive spirit. That will help you get through it.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report