Karrueche Tran Bares All, Including Opinion of Rihanna In Latest Rolling Out Issue [PHOTO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 25, 2013 8:30 AM EST
Karrueche Tran is featured on the latest cover of Rolling Out and discusses everything from her clothing line, to her relationship with Chris Brown to her opinion on Rihanna in an exclusive interview with the magazine.
The fashion designer poses topless and in nude underwear for the cover shot, but dons slightly more clothes throughout the editorial, which features her in a man’s button up shirt sitting by a pool, wearing draping black dress accented with leather, as well as posing in a sheer white lingerie piece.
The magazine notes that photographers poked fun at Tran a little for her tiny frame.
However, the beauty of Vietnamese and African decent has increasingly become a big name due to her prior relationship with singer, Chris Brown. Tran told Rolling Out that she does not understand how dating the eccentric performer has garnered her so much attention.
“I first realized there was a change [when] more people would talk about me in blogs and such,” she said.
“And the paparazzi would take pictures and follow me when I wasn’t around Chris [Brown]. I was like ‘Chris is not here, why are you following me?’ But I was constantly seeing myself on blogs and websites. It was kind of weird.”
Tran notably dated Brown for two years following his tumultuous relationship with fellow singer, Rihanna. Recent months have seen a plethora of internet rumors surrounding the status of Brown's relationship with both Tran and Rihanna. Tran details to the magazine that the public should not necessarily believe everything they read.
“The most challenging part about the attention was the negativity and the misconception from some people,” she told Rolling Out.
“People only see you in blogs and they think they know everything about your life. There are things that go public and everything that comes out is not the truth.”
Rolling Out also asked the up and comer about her opinion on Rihanna, to which she shortly answered, “She’s dope but …”
As of now, Tran is single, but still maintains a professional and platonic relationship with Brown.
“Any breakup is going to be terrible. I had my moments. I put that all in the past now,” she said.
“It is what it is at this point. We’re still gonna be friends. Because at the end of the day he was my best friend. And we have a business together. There’s no way around it.”
Tran heads the clothing line, The-Kill, which is the women’s division of Brown’s brand, Black Pyramid. She told Rolling Out that the name is derived from the La Roux 2009 hit, “In for the Kill,” which she said she listened to on repeat in the early stages of the line.
“I think the name itself will stand out,” she says of the clothing line. “Once people see the collection, they will understand our vision. It’s a unisex line and it’s only black and white. We aren’t copying any other lines or brands. We are just combining our thoughts and creativity and putting it all into this line.”
Tran admits that after a turbulent 2012, she is looking forward to a fresh stard in the New Year.
“Honestly, all I want is happiness. There was a lot of dysfunction and negativity. I just want to be happy. I have so much fun and I’m a better person when I’m happy. That’s all I want in 2013. Everything else will fall in place,” she told Rolling Out.
“I hope people can learn from my story,” Tran says. “I want to be remembered as someone who remained positive through such a negative situation. Regardless of what you’re put through or what is going on in your life, keep a positive spirit. That will help you get through it.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone