S&P 500 ends up for seventh straight day
January 25, 2013 8:21 AM EST
The Standard & Poor's 500 Index unofficially ended higher for a seventh straight trading day on Thursday, but failed to hold above the 1,500 line, held back by Apple's worst day in more than four years.
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> rose 46 points, or 0.33 percent, to end unofficially at 13,825.33. The S&P 500 Index <.SPX> inched up 0.01 of a point, or 0.00 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,494.82. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> slipped 23.29 points, or 0.74 percent, to close unofficially at 3,130.38.
(Reporting by Caroline Valetkevitch; Editing by Jan Paschal)
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced