S&P 500 ends up for seventh straight day
January 25, 2013 8:21 AM EST
The Standard & Poor's 500 Index unofficially ended higher for a seventh straight trading day on Thursday, but failed to hold above the 1,500 line, held back by Apple's worst day in more than four years.
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> rose 46 points, or 0.33 percent, to end unofficially at 13,825.33. The S&P 500 Index <.SPX> inched up 0.01 of a point, or 0.00 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,494.82. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> slipped 23.29 points, or 0.74 percent, to close unofficially at 3,130.38.
(Reporting by Caroline Valetkevitch; Editing by Jan Paschal)
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles