‘Mad Men’ Season 6: First Official Photos Leaked From Upcoming Season [PHOTOS]
By Jill Heller | January 25, 2013 6:30 AM EST
“Mad Men” fans who need a fix before the April premiere of Season 6 have finally been tossed some crumbs.
On Thursday, AMC released the first official promotional stills from the show’s upcoming season, which executive producer and creator Matthew Weiner has also revealed will be its second to last, and judging by the elegant black & white images, the newest installment won’t lack any of the glamour of its predecessors.
In a recent interview with the Daily Beast’s Jace Lacob, Weiner revealed some choice tidbits about what fans can expect to look forward to in the upcoming season, including that it will feature a significant time jump.
“I am going to skip ahead in time,” Weiner told the website. “I won’t say how long, but the first two episodes are a movie unto themselves. And they do foreshadow what’s going to happen in the season. They do tell a story of the period and root you where you are in these people’s lives. But a lot has changed when the season opens up. A lot has changed.”
That transition is at least partially hinted at in the stills, which display a noticeably slimmer Betty and some fashion pieces that certainly looks straight out of the 70’s. In one photo Megan Draper (played by Jessica Paré) can be seen sporting longer, wavier tresses, held back by a braided headband, while an older-looking Sally Draper (Kiernan Shipka) stands by.
In a September interview with the Telegraph, “Mad Men’s” resident costume designer Janie Bryant alluded to the challenges of updating wardrobes to reflect emerging fashion trends, while still keeping the show’s style consistent with each of its characters.
“You have to evolve but at the same time it's important to ensure the evolution is seamless, and that you stay true to the characters,” Bryant said.
Weiner also hinted that while Elizabeth Moss’ character, Peggy Olson, would be returning with the cast in Season 6, fans should not expect a professional reconciliation between her and Don. That detail seems especially emphasized in the second promotional photo released in the batch. Olson is shown seated alone on a staircase in the midst of a party, resolutely staring at the camera as Don looks down on her with a smug expression.
“As an audience, you should have your hopes and your fears and then sit back and see where the story goes,” Weiner said. “This is not [choose] your own adventure. We have a plan and we’re going to tell you a story...Sometimes the hero gets what he wants and sometimes he doesn’t. But if I told you, you wouldn’t enjoy it, believe me.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped