Nottingham University Death: Chemistry Student Ross Philips Found Dead in Room
By Toyin Owoseje | January 25, 2013 6:11 AM EST
An inquest has been opened after a student at the University of Nottingham was found hanged in his room.
A university spokesman would only confirm that Ross Philips was discovered on 19 January at Raleigh Park student accommodation but refused to go into further details.
"It's so sad" one student told IBTimes UK. "Apparently he hadn't been seen for days and because its exam period people didn't really notice.
"Everyone just assumed he was busy studying or partying like everyone else."
A university spokesman said: "The university has been in contact with the student's family and is offering support to staff and students."
An inquest into his death was opened at Nottingham Coroner's Court. The cause of death is yet to confirmed.
The Students Service department was offering support and counselling on campus.
"We would like to make sure that anyone who may feel they need to talk to someone or [need] help and advice regarding any issues they are facing knows exactly where to find it," they said.
"We are here to support you in any way we can so please feel free to talk to your welfare secretary or any other member of the team if you have anything troubling you which you wish to discuss."
The Samaritans helpline is on 08457 90 90 90 or email email@example.com.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- BC Labour Unions Offer $8M Interest-Free Loans to Striking Teachers; Surplus Won’t Be Used to Settle Teachers’ Strike – Finance Minister
- 12-Year Old's Racy Photos And Erotica Literature Discovered In iPad School Provided
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao Boxing Education Institute to Open in China
- Prince William & Kate Middleton First Autum Engagement, Royal Couple Opening Oxford University’s China Centre
- New Zealand Teachers Union Rejects Government’s Education Plan
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date