The Nemenoff Report Bonds Higher, S&P's Lower, Silver Lower
By Marc Nemenoff | January 25, 2013 1:37 AM EST
Financials: Mar. Bonds are currently 12 higher at 146'11 and the 10 Yr. Note 6.5 higher at 132'16.0. As expected a suspension of the Debt Ceiling was passed and the issue will be revisited in a few months. An overnight break in equity indexes, particularly the tech wieghted Nasdaq has pushed Bonds to the upside. I'm still looking at a rally to the 146'20-147'04 area as a selling opportunity for a short term (1-4 days) trade. Support remains at 144'24.
Grains: Mar. Corn is currently 5'4 lower at 715'2, Mar. Beans 14'6 lower at 1437'0, Mar. Wheat 9'0 lower at 765'6 and Dec. Wheat 9'2 lower at 805'0. As mentioned over the last few weeks I will be a buyer on a break to the 707'0-712'0 area for a short term trade in Mar. Corn. Resistance has been lowered a bit to the 734'0 level from 740'0. If support does not hold in the 707'0-712'0 level the next level of support will be the 697'0 area. Consider going long out of the money call spreads in Dec. Wheat for a long term trade.
Cattle: Apr. LC are currently 10 higher at 130.55 and Mar. FC 17 lower at 146.975. If you went long on yesterday's break either take profits or raise your protective sell stop to the 129.95 level in Apr. LC and/or 146.225 in Mar. FC.
Silver: Mar. Silver is currently 66 cents lower at 31.78 and Apr. Gold 15.00 dollars lower at 1673.50. We remain long Silver. Gold is once again nearing support in the 1645.00-1657.00 area, levels where I'm willing to once more trade from the long side of the market.
S&P's: Mar. S&P's are currently 3.00 lower at 1487.50. The market is on the defensive this morning, particulary the tech heavy Nasdaq 100 index which is nearly 1.5% lower in the wake of Apples earning which were flat and below expectations. My bias remains negative and I continue to recommend a small short position or out of the money puts. Yesterday the S&P's made a new contract high at 1491.50.
Currencies: As of this writing the Mar. Euro is currently 30 higher at 1.3355, the Swisss 18 lower at 1.0745, the Yen 144 lower at 1.1140 and the Pound 64 lower at 1.5772. If you remain short the Euro either take profits or continue to use a protective buy stop at 1.3365 (the over night high is currently 1.3364). Once again I'm looking to the long side of the Yen on any further break as a contratrend short term trade with a protective sell stop just below the recent low of 1.1086 made January 22nd.
888.908.4310 | 312.264.4310
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop