The Energy Report - Let Me Take You On A Seaway!
By Phil Flynn | January 25, 2013 1:35 AM EST
A Seaway Glitch and the house passage of a short term extension of the debt ceiling and a reduction in the IMF growth forecast helped oil have its biggest drop of this New Year. The Seaway Pipeline that started to ease the glut of oil at Cushing Oklahoma leading to a rebound in West Texas Intermediate prices as oil greedy refiners took advantage of that new flow of crude. The release of that landlocked oil also brought in the Brent/ WTI spread by over $600 a barrel. Now with movement cut to 175,000 barrels a day versus the new level of 400,000 at the Jones Creek delivery point fears that the glut of oil in Cushing might build again. Yesterday it was reported by the American Petroleum Institute that crude supply in Cushing fell by 463,000 barrels.
Still the Brent / WTI spread long term still looks like it has topped. With an expected increase in North Sea production and a hoped for approval of the Keystone Pipeline the WTI should soon start to regain its stature as the world's best benchmark. Of course the break in oil is something readers of my energy report have been expected. Back in December we said that oil was near the low end of the range an that we would see oil target this range. Yet as refiners get ready to go into maintenance purchases of crude should dip as we start to move out of winter. Then get ready for the spring rebound as we get ready for summer! It's closer than you think! And besides in China the HSBC's monthly purchasing managers' index, which gauges manufacturing activity, rose for the fifth consecutive month in January to 51.9, up from December's 51.5. So demand in China should also stay strong after their seasonal dip. Oil fell yesterday after the IMF lowered its world growth forecast to 3.5 percent from 3.6 percent in October. The Passage of the debt ceiling also gave the dollar a better outlook and helped break gold and oil. Grains fell as the outlook for rain improved in Argentina. Silver ETF holdings have increased by 5% from the start of the year.
Open a Trading Account in 15 minutes - Here is the link to apply online: https://newaccount.admis.com/?office=269
Here is the PDF version: http://www.pricegroup.com/ADMIS/ADMIS%20Account%20Application.pdf
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- El Pollo Loco Shareprice Up 33% on 1st Day of Trading
- Debt-Laden Millennials Join Stock Market
- Global Markets Overview – July 29, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Morning July 29, 2014
- 93% of Mining Leaders See Extremely Low or Zero Growth Prospect for Industry in Next 1-2 Years; No Immediate Plans by BHP for Olympic Dam Expansion
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]