Amazon Launches Kindle Paperwhite in Canada
By Vijaykumar Meti | January 24, 2013 10:47 PM EST
Amazon launches its Kindle Paperwhite (e-reader) in the Canadian market, a few months after the U.S. launch of the device.
Branding Kindle Paperwhite as the most advanced e-reader ever built, Amazon has highlighted its thin and light design, with 62 percent more pixels and 25 percent increased contrast compared to the previous generation Kindle.
"We're excited to make the best-selling and most advanced e-readers in the world available to our Amazon.ca customers for the first time, making it easier and more affordable than ever for Canadian readers to own a Kindle," said Dave Limp, Vice President, Amazon Kindle. "With a Kindle in their hands, Canadian customers can now directly access the Kindle Store with the largest selection of the books people want to read, including the largest selection of best sellers and over 250,000 titles that are exclusive to the Kindle Store."
The device also comes with built-in front light for reading in all lighting conditions, offers up to 8 weeks of battery life, available on both Wi-Fi only and Wi-Fi + 3G models and supports multiple languages including French.
"E-readers have found their place in today's digital lifestyle by providing users with a unique reading experience," said Mark Shanahan, senior technology merchant at Staples Canada. "Our goal is to help people choose a device that's right for them by offering a broad selection of popular e-readers like the Kindle and Kindle Paperwhite in one convenient place, making it easy for customers to see, touch, and try the product."
In addition, Amazon quietly launched Canadian version of Kindle Store back in December. Now Canadian customers can access the Canada Kindle Store directly from the device and can access the largest selection of the most popular books. It has over 1.5 million Kindle books, including over 250,000 exclusive books, which customers will not find anywhere else, over 35,000 free books and over 50,000 French titles.
The Kindle Paperwhite is available for CDN$139 for Wi-Fi only model and CDN$199 for Wi-Fi + 3G model.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones