Amazon Launches Kindle Paperwhite in Canada
By Vijaykumar Meti | January 24, 2013 10:47 PM EST
Amazon launches its Kindle Paperwhite (e-reader) in the Canadian market, a few months after the U.S. launch of the device.
Branding Kindle Paperwhite as the most advanced e-reader ever built, Amazon has highlighted its thin and light design, with 62 percent more pixels and 25 percent increased contrast compared to the previous generation Kindle.
"We're excited to make the best-selling and most advanced e-readers in the world available to our Amazon.ca customers for the first time, making it easier and more affordable than ever for Canadian readers to own a Kindle," said Dave Limp, Vice President, Amazon Kindle. "With a Kindle in their hands, Canadian customers can now directly access the Kindle Store with the largest selection of the books people want to read, including the largest selection of best sellers and over 250,000 titles that are exclusive to the Kindle Store."
The device also comes with built-in front light for reading in all lighting conditions, offers up to 8 weeks of battery life, available on both Wi-Fi only and Wi-Fi + 3G models and supports multiple languages including French.
"E-readers have found their place in today's digital lifestyle by providing users with a unique reading experience," said Mark Shanahan, senior technology merchant at Staples Canada. "Our goal is to help people choose a device that's right for them by offering a broad selection of popular e-readers like the Kindle and Kindle Paperwhite in one convenient place, making it easy for customers to see, touch, and try the product."
In addition, Amazon quietly launched Canadian version of Kindle Store back in December. Now Canadian customers can access the Canada Kindle Store directly from the device and can access the largest selection of the most popular books. It has over 1.5 million Kindle books, including over 250,000 exclusive books, which customers will not find anywhere else, over 35,000 free books and over 50,000 French titles.
The Kindle Paperwhite is available for CDN$139 for Wi-Fi only model and CDN$199 for Wi-Fi + 3G model.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery