LSE's data unit drives quarterly revenue growth
By Luke Jeffs | January 24, 2013 6:28 PM EST
The London Stock Exchange
The LSE said on Thursday income for the three months to the end of December was up 6 percent on the same period in 2011 and slightly above consensus analyst predictions of 200 million pounds.
The British exchange's 44 percent increase in data services income to 76 million pounds wiped out a 4 percent fall in capital markets revenue to 66.3 million pounds and a 17 percent slide in net treasury income to 27.8 million pounds.
"This has been another good quarter. The Group has continued to benefit from a more diversified range of businesses with particularly strong performances from our Information Services and our Technology operations", said Rolet in an Interim Management Statement on Thursday.
($1 = 0.6313 British pounds)
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2