LSE's data unit drives quarterly revenue growth
By Luke Jeffs | January 24, 2013 6:28 PM EST
The London Stock Exchange
The LSE said on Thursday income for the three months to the end of December was up 6 percent on the same period in 2011 and slightly above consensus analyst predictions of 200 million pounds.
The British exchange's 44 percent increase in data services income to 76 million pounds wiped out a 4 percent fall in capital markets revenue to 66.3 million pounds and a 17 percent slide in net treasury income to 27.8 million pounds.
"This has been another good quarter. The Group has continued to benefit from a more diversified range of businesses with particularly strong performances from our Information Services and our Technology operations", said Rolet in an Interim Management Statement on Thursday.
($1 = 0.6313 British pounds)
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks