Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Release Date Close to iPhone 6 Launch?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 24, 2013 4:01 PM EST
According to The Korea Times, we may not see the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 until IFA 2013 in September. This could make a great deal of sense as the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 was revealed at this time last year.
If the device is a no-show at the upcoming Mobile World Congress next month, there is a large possibility that the phablet will make an appearance at the IFA event. Moreover, this will give the device a one-year cycle in order to maximize its profits. However, Samsung is set to release Samsung Galaxy S4 first.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is rumoured to have a massive 6.3 inches screen display, which nearly an inch larger than the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 which features a massive 5.5-inch HD display and will put it in tablet category.
Samsung announced some great new technologies it has been developing under its wing at the CES event that will be possibly included in the upcoming smartphones of the Korea's electronic giant including the Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
Two of the technologies announced by the tech giant from South Korean are the 8-core processor and flexible displays. Samsung confirmed that the technology is almost ready to be used and should appear on upcoming smartphones and tablets.
Samsung introduced the Exynos 5 Octa, which is an 8-Core processor. Samsung confirmed that this new processor will be featured on some of its upcoming products lined up this year. Samsung said that this new chip will allow smartphone and tablet users to perform multi-tasking without lag.
Samsung re-introduced the public to its YOUM flexible display at CES, which could also end up being used when the Galaxy S4 is built.
Samsung's goal with the new flexible displays is to allow users to fold their tablets and phones for easy storage and portability. The company could also take advantage of the technology by having a smartphone with a screen extending to the sides where the notifications can be displayed even when the handset is lying down on a flat surface.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists