Baby Flung From Car in Russia Miraculously Survives [VIDEO]
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 24, 2013 1:41 PM EST
A heart-stopping accident occurred on the icy highway of Nizhny Novgorod in Russia where a driver lost control of the Mitsubishi minivan. The 1-year-old baby girl onboard, who flung from the vehicle after it smashed with an approaching truck, miraculously survived the incident.
According to the Russian police, the driver has been identified to be the 53-year-old Dmitry Aliev. The police further confirmed that Dmitry Aliev attempted to overtake another car which caused the road accident and the peril on the baby girl's life.
The accident was filmed like a car-crashing scene in a movie from the dashboard video camera of a vehicle traveling along the Russian highway. Drivers use such device to record highway accidents because of the dangerous road conditions in Russia.
Russian police further added that the baby should not have been thrown out of the car if she was placed in the baby car seat instead on a blanketed shelf under the rear window. Luckily, the other drivers managed to avoid hitting the baby who landed face first on the pavement.
In the footage, the oncoming large truck narrowly missed hitting the crawling baby while her parents immediately grabbed the little girl off the road. The baby suffered bruises and a mild head concussion. After receiving treatment, it has been confirmed that these injuries do not pose any threat to the baby's life.
However, this incident raises the concern on safety driving and responsible parenting. "That's such a good idea, keep your unbuckled kid in the 'trunk' of your car. Silly Russians," username "idontwritecomments" posted in reaction to the YouTube video link "Baby Thrown from car After Hitting a Truck on icy highway in Russia Caught on Tape."
Watch video footage below that shows the road accident in Russia how the baby girl survived.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Former Malaysian Envoy Denies Assault Charges in New Zealand, Elects Trial By Jury
- ISIS War to Last For 4 Years; US Military Shows Videos of Airstrikes Hitting Militant Base [VIDEO]
- Ebola Stock Companies Suspended From Trading For Unverifiable Claims
- Australia Joins Global Effort to Stop Russian Website From Illegally Streaming Web Cam Feeds
- Baby Gammy Will Be Australian Citizen Soon
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013