Baby Flung From Car in Russia Miraculously Survives [VIDEO]
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 24, 2013 1:41 PM EST
A heart-stopping accident occurred on the icy highway of Nizhny Novgorod in Russia where a driver lost control of the Mitsubishi minivan. The 1-year-old baby girl onboard, who flung from the vehicle after it smashed with an approaching truck, miraculously survived the incident.
According to the Russian police, the driver has been identified to be the 53-year-old Dmitry Aliev. The police further confirmed that Dmitry Aliev attempted to overtake another car which caused the road accident and the peril on the baby girl's life.
The accident was filmed like a car-crashing scene in a movie from the dashboard video camera of a vehicle traveling along the Russian highway. Drivers use such device to record highway accidents because of the dangerous road conditions in Russia.
Russian police further added that the baby should not have been thrown out of the car if she was placed in the baby car seat instead on a blanketed shelf under the rear window. Luckily, the other drivers managed to avoid hitting the baby who landed face first on the pavement.
In the footage, the oncoming large truck narrowly missed hitting the crawling baby while her parents immediately grabbed the little girl off the road. The baby suffered bruises and a mild head concussion. After receiving treatment, it has been confirmed that these injuries do not pose any threat to the baby's life.
However, this incident raises the concern on safety driving and responsible parenting. "That's such a good idea, keep your unbuckled kid in the 'trunk' of your car. Silly Russians," username "idontwritecomments" posted in reaction to the YouTube video link "Baby Thrown from car After Hitting a Truck on icy highway in Russia Caught on Tape."
Watch video footage below that shows the road accident in Russia how the baby girl survived.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Another Aviation Disaster: Taiwan Plane Crashes, Passengers Aboard Feared Dead [PHOTO]
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Tony Abbott Launches #BringThemHome Operation for MH17 Victims; Black Avatars Trending on Social Media
- Former Destiny’s Child Star Farrah Franklin Arrested
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales