iPad 5 Design Revealed by Foxconn Employee?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 24, 2013 11:45 AM EST
Patently Apple cited a Chinese tech website, "My Drivers," claiming that a Hon Hai Precision (Foxconn) insider revealed the design of the upcoming iPad 5.
Foxconn is Apple's partner in manufacturing its devices. The insider claimed that the new tablet from Apple will sport narrow bezels and chamfered edge corners. The report also suggests that the device will be codenamed as sapoxx.
Last week, KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo believes that the iPad 5 will be arrive mid this year, probably either in June or July. The analyst have predicted the releases of Apple's previous devices correctly.
Kuo expects the 9.7-inch fifth generation iPad to feature a design that is more or less similar to the iPad Mini, "significantly lighter and slimmer" than the design featured in the third- and fourth-generation models. The upcoming tablet is expected to be powered by an A7 processor with IGZO screen display.
Kuo also believes that the release date of the iPad 5 is scheduled for the third quarter of 2013, which comes in contrast with recent rumours that the device will be released in the month of March, as was the case with the first three generations of the tablet.
However, new reports claimed that Apple slashed orders for iPad screens. Japanese manufacturer Sharp has reportedly cut the number of full-size iPad screens it builds for Apple. Reuters' sources have claimed that the production line at Sharp's Kameyama plant is running at the 'minimal' level required, just to keep it moving.
Many speculated that this is due to the demand for iPad Mini. Thus, Apple is focusing its efforts to the miniature tablet.
Apple's Q1 earnings dipped as its stocks plummeted to $500 from $700. Apple sold 47.8 million iPhones, 22.9 million iPads and 12.7 million iPods in Q1 2013, bringing in $54.5 billion in revenue and a net profit of $13.1 billion for the period ending December 29th 2012.
However, the Cupertino-based company remained tight-lipped on the rumours and on its plans for this year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight