Apple iPhone 6 Rumors: Analyst Claims Upcoming Smart Phone Features Fingerprint Scanner
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 24, 2013 11:43 AM EST
Another advanced feature currently envelopes the much anticipated Apple iPhone 6. KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo claims that the upcoming smart phone will feature the fingerprint scanning technology.
The analyst suggests that the fingerprint scanner to be incorporated in the Apple iPhone 6 will provide a more tight security for the smart phone users. "The fingerprint scanner would allow iPhone users to replace usernames and passwords, allowing users to authenticate in a more efficient manner," Ming-Chi Kuo stated.
This fingerprint scanning technology comes after Apple's purchase of AuthenTec recently. AuthenTec is the mobile security network that offers their main product of fingerprint sensors. "The fingerprint scanner could integrate with applications and enhance their functionality as well," the analyst added.
However, the technology giant is not the first when it comes to applying fingerprint sensors in smart phones. The company Validity Sensors revealed their fingerprint technology on an Android device just last week.
"Not only does that provide a simple user experience but it also provides high security. It's easy to hack a four-digit PIN, but a fingerprint belongs to you and you only," Dough Vargha, Director of Technical Marketing, stated as he discussed about the fingerprint-ready Android device.
The "Natural Login" fingerprint technology of Validity Sensors enables users to personally log in with their device and authorize transactions as well.
Other Apple iPhone 6 features that KGI analyst Ming-Chi Kuo speculated are the enhanced camera and a more powerful A7 chip. Kuo, who happens to be an expert in predicting the iPhone release dates, claimed that consumers can get their hands on the Apple iPhone 6 in June or July 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu