Apple iPhone 6 Rumors: Analyst Claims Upcoming Smart Phone Features Fingerprint Scanner
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 24, 2013 11:43 AM EST
Another advanced feature currently envelopes the much anticipated Apple iPhone 6. KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo claims that the upcoming smart phone will feature the fingerprint scanning technology.
The analyst suggests that the fingerprint scanner to be incorporated in the Apple iPhone 6 will provide a more tight security for the smart phone users. "The fingerprint scanner would allow iPhone users to replace usernames and passwords, allowing users to authenticate in a more efficient manner," Ming-Chi Kuo stated.
This fingerprint scanning technology comes after Apple's purchase of AuthenTec recently. AuthenTec is the mobile security network that offers their main product of fingerprint sensors. "The fingerprint scanner could integrate with applications and enhance their functionality as well," the analyst added.
However, the technology giant is not the first when it comes to applying fingerprint sensors in smart phones. The company Validity Sensors revealed their fingerprint technology on an Android device just last week.
"Not only does that provide a simple user experience but it also provides high security. It's easy to hack a four-digit PIN, but a fingerprint belongs to you and you only," Dough Vargha, Director of Technical Marketing, stated as he discussed about the fingerprint-ready Android device.
The "Natural Login" fingerprint technology of Validity Sensors enables users to personally log in with their device and authorize transactions as well.
Other Apple iPhone 6 features that KGI analyst Ming-Chi Kuo speculated are the enhanced camera and a more powerful A7 chip. Kuo, who happens to be an expert in predicting the iPhone release dates, claimed that consumers can get their hands on the Apple iPhone 6 in June or July 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S3: How to Resolve Battery Drain, Random Reboot, Wake Lag and Slow Performance
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More