Apple iPhone 6 Rumors: Analyst Claims Upcoming Smart Phone Features Fingerprint Scanner
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 24, 2013 11:43 AM EST
Another advanced feature currently envelopes the much anticipated Apple iPhone 6. KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo claims that the upcoming smart phone will feature the fingerprint scanning technology.
The analyst suggests that the fingerprint scanner to be incorporated in the Apple iPhone 6 will provide a more tight security for the smart phone users. "The fingerprint scanner would allow iPhone users to replace usernames and passwords, allowing users to authenticate in a more efficient manner," Ming-Chi Kuo stated.
This fingerprint scanning technology comes after Apple's purchase of AuthenTec recently. AuthenTec is the mobile security network that offers their main product of fingerprint sensors. "The fingerprint scanner could integrate with applications and enhance their functionality as well," the analyst added.
However, the technology giant is not the first when it comes to applying fingerprint sensors in smart phones. The company Validity Sensors revealed their fingerprint technology on an Android device just last week.
"Not only does that provide a simple user experience but it also provides high security. It's easy to hack a four-digit PIN, but a fingerprint belongs to you and you only," Dough Vargha, Director of Technical Marketing, stated as he discussed about the fingerprint-ready Android device.
The "Natural Login" fingerprint technology of Validity Sensors enables users to personally log in with their device and authorize transactions as well.
Other Apple iPhone 6 features that KGI analyst Ming-Chi Kuo speculated are the enhanced camera and a more powerful A7 chip. Kuo, who happens to be an expert in predicting the iPhone release dates, claimed that consumers can get their hands on the Apple iPhone 6 in June or July 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions