Apple iPhone 6 Rumors: Analyst Claims Upcoming Smart Phone Features Fingerprint Scanner
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 24, 2013 11:43 AM EST
Another advanced feature currently envelopes the much anticipated Apple iPhone 6. KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo claims that the upcoming smart phone will feature the fingerprint scanning technology.
The analyst suggests that the fingerprint scanner to be incorporated in the Apple iPhone 6 will provide a more tight security for the smart phone users. "The fingerprint scanner would allow iPhone users to replace usernames and passwords, allowing users to authenticate in a more efficient manner," Ming-Chi Kuo stated.
This fingerprint scanning technology comes after Apple's purchase of AuthenTec recently. AuthenTec is the mobile security network that offers their main product of fingerprint sensors. "The fingerprint scanner could integrate with applications and enhance their functionality as well," the analyst added.
However, the technology giant is not the first when it comes to applying fingerprint sensors in smart phones. The company Validity Sensors revealed their fingerprint technology on an Android device just last week.
"Not only does that provide a simple user experience but it also provides high security. It's easy to hack a four-digit PIN, but a fingerprint belongs to you and you only," Dough Vargha, Director of Technical Marketing, stated as he discussed about the fingerprint-ready Android device.
The "Natural Login" fingerprint technology of Validity Sensors enables users to personally log in with their device and authorize transactions as well.
Other Apple iPhone 6 features that KGI analyst Ming-Chi Kuo speculated are the enhanced camera and a more powerful A7 chip. Kuo, who happens to be an expert in predicting the iPhone release dates, claimed that consumers can get their hands on the Apple iPhone 6 in June or July 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal