10 Reasons Why Android Outwits iOS
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 24, 2013 11:00 AM EST
The most popular mobile OS platform in the world has too many good reasons why it is better than iOS.
In comparison with Apple, iOS is undeniably slick and does the job for many people but it does not have enough power to match the Android march.
1. Android for multiple devices
It is just common sense; Android OS is being used by a lot of manufacturers including Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Motorola, ZTE, and a lot more, whether they are the best ones in the market or just new to the industry. Apple is only one company using iOS which defines how exclusive it is just to have one device. Another thing in Android is that it can be found to almost any form or device; smartphones, tablets, phablets, refrigerator, wall oven, and more to come. The OS platform has crossed a lot of gadgets lately.
2. The price is right
Android comes with a variety of prices depending on the level of the devices running the OS. Owning an Android phone does not have to be expensive because it is available from low-end, mid-range, to the high-tech seen in every store.
3. Customize me
Android is very customizable, both non-rooted and rooted state. Developers have made launchers which allows beyond personalisation for user to have than the stock ROM and custom ROMs for users with advanced Android experience to change the default ROM for better usage, performance and privileges.
4. Live wallpapers
Plain wallpaper is boring no matter how colorful they are, but active, moving wallpaper that reacts when you touch the screen is amazing. Android allows live wallpaper to be used and added to its devices.
This is something original from Android which allows the user to put information on their homescreen for convenient access or update. Widgets may be use to display contents from system applications, applications installed by the user, social network apps, clocks, power button, and many more.
6. Launchers for customisation and non-root
Rooting an Android phone can cause serious problems if the user is not experienced doing it, aware of the right details, and does not know how to restore it back to the original state. Launchers that customises created by developers available in Google Play will bring a makeover desired with added features that the device cannot do normally.
7. Custom ROMs
For experienced users who want to play hard with Android, changing from stock ROM to custom ROM is one way to do a "digital surgery" and see a way to achieve a new look with new features added by the developers which may exist in other Android versions.
Android is completely connected to Google services and application without much hassle to download them after the purchase of the device. Google Maps, Gmail, Navigation, YouTube, Google Play, Google+, Google Earth, Google Now, and more are already integrated for the Android phone owner.
9. Innovation and improvement
Android will never stop fixing their bugs if seen or if not seen will just make sure that the OS is faster, stable and powerful. One complaint in iOS is that if a problem isn't found yet, no need for instant upgrade. Looking back from the early Android compared today, it has displayed the unparalleled capability to innovate and improve.
10. Data management
This is an issue now to many users with iOS devices due to the fact that they are stuck to iTunes when it concerns data files. It is also the goal of Apple to prevent piracy but it is actually something they cannot stop as well. Android allows its user to connect to almost any gadgets which can read a USB data cable to browse inside the device's memory without the possible need of any suit or media reader.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock EPS Raised to $7.67 Per Share; Apple Pay Could Be Promising in Australia
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date