Next-Generation Google Nexus 10 @ MWC
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 24, 2013 10:43 AM EST
Another device is rumored to be on the works and believed to be the next generation of its kind. Google Nexus 10 was released in November 2012 and the next gen is believed to be under development.
This next-gen Google Nexus 10 is likely to boast of a new octo-core or eight core processors T678 graphics chipset that will replace the dual-core T604 processors in the current Nexus 10 tablet. It is not yet confirmed if this is true, but this could be the first device to actually use the new octo-core processor Mali T678 GPU which also means the fastest mobile device yet.
Sources believed that the prototype design is identical to the Nexus 10 of 2012 but their performance is like "night and day" according to their performance differences. Google is assumed to be making some minor changes in the design and expected to have an overhaul makeover for the next generation of Nexus 10.
Aside from the new Mali octo-core processor, the rumored next-gen Nexus 10 will have High-Definition 2560x1600 resolution display with 300ppi pixel density which beats the Apple's Retina display having 264ppi only. The RAM will remain the same which is 2GB.
According to Bright Side of News, if Google hands down this new device, it will show a significant increase in digital horsepower.
Another unconfirmed story about this next-gen Nexus 10 tablet is that it may appear in the upcoming Mobile World Congress in February 2013 which would mean that Samsung-made tablet's lifespan shorter for having only 5 months of lifecycle.
The original Nexus 10 features 10.1 inches of display with 2560x1600 resolution and 299ppi pixel density. It runs Android 4.2 Jellybean, powered by dual-core 1.7GHz Cortex A15 with Mali T604 graphics chipset, 2GB of RAM, and Corning Gorilla Glass for screen protection.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Apple Inc Shifting to 'Lifestyle Brand' Under Tim Cook; Samsung Losing Smartphone Numbers War
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools