Next-Generation Google Nexus 10 @ MWC
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 24, 2013 10:43 AM EST
Another device is rumored to be on the works and believed to be the next generation of its kind. Google Nexus 10 was released in November 2012 and the next gen is believed to be under development.
This next-gen Google Nexus 10 is likely to boast of a new octo-core or eight core processors T678 graphics chipset that will replace the dual-core T604 processors in the current Nexus 10 tablet. It is not yet confirmed if this is true, but this could be the first device to actually use the new octo-core processor Mali T678 GPU which also means the fastest mobile device yet.
Sources believed that the prototype design is identical to the Nexus 10 of 2012 but their performance is like "night and day" according to their performance differences. Google is assumed to be making some minor changes in the design and expected to have an overhaul makeover for the next generation of Nexus 10.
Aside from the new Mali octo-core processor, the rumored next-gen Nexus 10 will have High-Definition 2560x1600 resolution display with 300ppi pixel density which beats the Apple's Retina display having 264ppi only. The RAM will remain the same which is 2GB.
According to Bright Side of News, if Google hands down this new device, it will show a significant increase in digital horsepower.
Another unconfirmed story about this next-gen Nexus 10 tablet is that it may appear in the upcoming Mobile World Congress in February 2013 which would mean that Samsung-made tablet's lifespan shorter for having only 5 months of lifecycle.
The original Nexus 10 features 10.1 inches of display with 2560x1600 resolution and 299ppi pixel density. It runs Android 4.2 Jellybean, powered by dual-core 1.7GHz Cortex A15 with Mali T604 graphics chipset, 2GB of RAM, and Corning Gorilla Glass for screen protection.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best