Next-Generation Google Nexus 10 @ MWC
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 24, 2013 10:43 AM EST
Another device is rumored to be on the works and believed to be the next generation of its kind. Google Nexus 10 was released in November 2012 and the next gen is believed to be under development.
This next-gen Google Nexus 10 is likely to boast of a new octo-core or eight core processors T678 graphics chipset that will replace the dual-core T604 processors in the current Nexus 10 tablet. It is not yet confirmed if this is true, but this could be the first device to actually use the new octo-core processor Mali T678 GPU which also means the fastest mobile device yet.
Sources believed that the prototype design is identical to the Nexus 10 of 2012 but their performance is like "night and day" according to their performance differences. Google is assumed to be making some minor changes in the design and expected to have an overhaul makeover for the next generation of Nexus 10.
Aside from the new Mali octo-core processor, the rumored next-gen Nexus 10 will have High-Definition 2560x1600 resolution display with 300ppi pixel density which beats the Apple's Retina display having 264ppi only. The RAM will remain the same which is 2GB.
According to Bright Side of News, if Google hands down this new device, it will show a significant increase in digital horsepower.
Another unconfirmed story about this next-gen Nexus 10 tablet is that it may appear in the upcoming Mobile World Congress in February 2013 which would mean that Samsung-made tablet's lifespan shorter for having only 5 months of lifecycle.
The original Nexus 10 features 10.1 inches of display with 2560x1600 resolution and 299ppi pixel density. It runs Android 4.2 Jellybean, powered by dual-core 1.7GHz Cortex A15 with Mali T604 graphics chipset, 2GB of RAM, and Corning Gorilla Glass for screen protection.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales