Next-Generation Google Nexus 10 @ MWC
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 24, 2013 10:43 AM EST
Another device is rumored to be on the works and believed to be the next generation of its kind. Google Nexus 10 was released in November 2012 and the next gen is believed to be under development.
This next-gen Google Nexus 10 is likely to boast of a new octo-core or eight core processors T678 graphics chipset that will replace the dual-core T604 processors in the current Nexus 10 tablet. It is not yet confirmed if this is true, but this could be the first device to actually use the new octo-core processor Mali T678 GPU which also means the fastest mobile device yet.
Sources believed that the prototype design is identical to the Nexus 10 of 2012 but their performance is like "night and day" according to their performance differences. Google is assumed to be making some minor changes in the design and expected to have an overhaul makeover for the next generation of Nexus 10.
Aside from the new Mali octo-core processor, the rumored next-gen Nexus 10 will have High-Definition 2560x1600 resolution display with 300ppi pixel density which beats the Apple's Retina display having 264ppi only. The RAM will remain the same which is 2GB.
According to Bright Side of News, if Google hands down this new device, it will show a significant increase in digital horsepower.
Another unconfirmed story about this next-gen Nexus 10 tablet is that it may appear in the upcoming Mobile World Congress in February 2013 which would mean that Samsung-made tablet's lifespan shorter for having only 5 months of lifecycle.
The original Nexus 10 features 10.1 inches of display with 2560x1600 resolution and 299ppi pixel density. It runs Android 4.2 Jellybean, powered by dual-core 1.7GHz Cortex A15 with Mali T604 graphics chipset, 2GB of RAM, and Corning Gorilla Glass for screen protection.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS