Manny’s Many Mansions: A Peek at 5 Pacquiao Palaces (VIDEOS & PHOTOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 24, 2013 10:36 AM EST
There's no doubt about it, eight-division boxing title holder Manny Pacquiao is one of the most successful rags-to-riches story in recent times. The Filipino boxing hero, from once being a construction worker paid the minimum wage, has parlayed his ring skills into an upper-class lifestyle worthy of being feature in the popular TV programme, Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous, which aired from 1984 to 1995.
Name it, the Pacquiaos now have it - whether its palatial homes in the U.S. or the Philippines's commercial business district, Louis Vuitton and Hermes bags, latest sports car and Prada couture.
For now, here is a peek at four of Manny's mansions,
1. Forbes Park, Makati City - Cost: $9 million
The property is about 1,500 square metres in size, located at Cambridge Street in the exclusive village developed by Ayala Land, the country's largest property developer. Among his neighbours are politicians, businessmen and diplomats.
2. General Santos City
The mansion is found at Lagao Village in General Santos City, which is where Manny grew up. His palace has a swimming pool shaped like a boxing glove and modern interiors. The garage could accommodate seven vehicles. The property is one hectare wide.
That house on the video is called Mansion 2 because the Pacquiaos have another palace called Mansion 1 which is Mediterranean themed and where Manny's boxing paraphernalia are kept.
Of course, Manny's beloved mother, Dionesia, also has her own mansion in the same city.
The five-bedroom mansion is located at 526 N Plymouth Blvd., Hancock Park. He purchased the 4,500-square foot lot for $912,500 in 2006 from Adeet Madan and built the house in 2008.
Unfortunately, reports said that the mansion was burglarised in 2011, although nothing was stolen and four people were arrested while the burglary was in progress.
The Pacquiaos also has a mansion in Brentville, Binan, Laguna because the children study at Brent International School in that province. There are, however, sparse details about the Laguna home except for these photos.
Reports said that Manny also co-owns a beach resort in Boracay West Cove with his friend, businessman Crisostomo Aquino, which they bought in 2006. They allegedly bought it from a former developer. Boracay is a world-famous island-resort known for its pristine water and sugary-fine white sand beaches.
However, Mr Aquino told ABS-CBN that Manny was only a guest at the hotel's blessing in 2007, but the priest who officiated the blessing rite thought it was the boxing champ who owns the place. The speculation spread among locals in the world-famous beach resort, but Mr Aquino did not douse the rumours because the association with Pacquiao helps attract hotel guests.
Being a congressman, Manny is required by law to file yearly his Statement of Assets, Liabilities and Net Worth and as of Dec 31, 2010, his total net worth is 1.134 billion pesos or about $26 million. He said of that amount, $9.2 million is in real estate properties while $17 million is in personal and other properties.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia