Manny’s Many Mansions: A Peek at 5 Pacquiao Palaces (VIDEOS & PHOTOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 24, 2013 10:36 AM EST
There's no doubt about it, eight-division boxing title holder Manny Pacquiao is one of the most successful rags-to-riches story in recent times. The Filipino boxing hero, from once being a construction worker paid the minimum wage, has parlayed his ring skills into an upper-class lifestyle worthy of being feature in the popular TV programme, Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous, which aired from 1984 to 1995.
Name it, the Pacquiaos now have it - whether its palatial homes in the U.S. or the Philippines's commercial business district, Louis Vuitton and Hermes bags, latest sports car and Prada couture.
For now, here is a peek at four of Manny's mansions,
1. Forbes Park, Makati City - Cost: $9 million
The property is about 1,500 square metres in size, located at Cambridge Street in the exclusive village developed by Ayala Land, the country's largest property developer. Among his neighbours are politicians, businessmen and diplomats.
2. General Santos City
The mansion is found at Lagao Village in General Santos City, which is where Manny grew up. His palace has a swimming pool shaped like a boxing glove and modern interiors. The garage could accommodate seven vehicles. The property is one hectare wide.
That house on the video is called Mansion 2 because the Pacquiaos have another palace called Mansion 1 which is Mediterranean themed and where Manny's boxing paraphernalia are kept.
Of course, Manny's beloved mother, Dionesia, also has her own mansion in the same city.
The five-bedroom mansion is located at 526 N Plymouth Blvd., Hancock Park. He purchased the 4,500-square foot lot for $912,500 in 2006 from Adeet Madan and built the house in 2008.
Unfortunately, reports said that the mansion was burglarised in 2011, although nothing was stolen and four people were arrested while the burglary was in progress.
The Pacquiaos also has a mansion in Brentville, Binan, Laguna because the children study at Brent International School in that province. There are, however, sparse details about the Laguna home except for these photos.
Reports said that Manny also co-owns a beach resort in Boracay West Cove with his friend, businessman Crisostomo Aquino, which they bought in 2006. They allegedly bought it from a former developer. Boracay is a world-famous island-resort known for its pristine water and sugary-fine white sand beaches.
However, Mr Aquino told ABS-CBN that Manny was only a guest at the hotel's blessing in 2007, but the priest who officiated the blessing rite thought it was the boxing champ who owns the place. The speculation spread among locals in the world-famous beach resort, but Mr Aquino did not douse the rumours because the association with Pacquiao helps attract hotel guests.
Being a congressman, Manny is required by law to file yearly his Statement of Assets, Liabilities and Net Worth and as of Dec 31, 2010, his total net worth is 1.134 billion pesos or about $26 million. He said of that amount, $9.2 million is in real estate properties while $17 million is in personal and other properties.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Serena Williams and Patrick Mouratoglou Break-up Unlikely, Coach Posts Instagram Photos of Girlfriend
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015