Can Nokia Capitalize on This New Phone?
By Meghan Foley | January 24, 2013 6:19 AM EST
Nokia ( had surpassed the company’s guidance for the period; previously, Nokia had predicted a margin ranging from 4 percent to 12 percent, but results are now expected to fall between 13 percent and 15 percent.
However, while the margin improvement was good news for the company’s financials, critics were left unimpressed by its forecast for phone sales. Nokia said that it shipped 4.4 million devices in the fourth quarter, above the 3.8 million predicted by analysts at Baird, but below the 6.5 million Wells Fargo estimated. Analysts found the low sales concerning. Barclays analyst Jeff Kvaal wrote in a note seen by Barron’s that “ last week to Underweight. He added, “CES checks showed few signs WP8’s promise is converting to sustained demand.”
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- New Zealand Economy Benefits From Australia's Big Investments; Kiwi Down After RNBZ Comments
- ETF Outlook for Thursday, January 2 (FEZ, FXI, SPY, XHB)
- January Second Trading: Always Interesting
- 13 Things Investors Learned In 2013 - Part II
- Are Diversity and Quality the Way to Profit from the Rebound in Gold and Coal?
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related