'Glee' Star Mark Salling Sued, Accused Of Sexual Battery By Former Girlfriend, Roxanne Gorzela
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 24, 2013 5:31 AM EST
“Glee” star, Mark Salling is being sued by a former girlfriend who claims that he forced her to have sex without a condom.
Roxanne Gorzela filed suit in a Los Angeles court Jan. 18, accusing Salling of sexual battery, assault and battery, and intentional infliction of emotional distress, according to the Huffington Post.
Records detail that Gorzela began dating the 30-year-old actor in 2010, and the incident occurred in March 2011 when she consented to sex with Salling, but only with the use of a condom.
Salling reportedly proceeded to "insert his penis into [her] vagina without a condom," despite her protests, and later had sex with her a second time without a condom.
Gorzela claims that she attempted to contact Salling via phone calls and text to ask if he had been tested for STDs, according to E! News. After receiving no response she confronted him at his house, where he allegedly grabbed her and pushed her to the ground, causing her to hit her head.
She filed a police report March 25, the day the attack supposedly occurred, and also included those documents in her lawsuit.
Gorzela is seeking unspecified general, special and punitive damages, according to E! She described Salling’s alleged actions as "willful, malicious and despicable," adding that she suffered "severe and substantial mental and emotional distress, humiliation, fear, apprehension, anxiety and anguish."
Salling’s rep released a statement about the suit Friday.
"There is no truth to this. It's the textbook case of a disgruntled girl looking to cash in on a TV star's success, " his rep told TMZ. "We turn the rest over to Mark's attorneys and have no further comment."
Salling then took to Twitter Saturday in order to thank his fans for their support.
"I always have and always will appreciate your support. Terror and intimidation are things ill never subscribe to. Love y'all so much," he tweeted.
Salling is known for his role as singing bad boy, Noah Puckerman on the Fox series, “Glee.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports