One Direction’s Zayn Malik Gets Sick During Take Me Home Tour
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 24, 2013 2:15 AM EST
One Direction heartthrob Zayn Malik may be doing a little too much living while he’s young, as the singer had to dash out of a recent press conference in Tokyo, reportedly because he was too hung over from being up all night, the night before.
According to the Examiner, Malik seemed fine when he strolled into the conference on Saturday showing off a shaggy new haircut, but all was not well with the “What Makes You Beautiful” singer. In the middle of the conference, Malik had to make a mad dash offstage to throw up.
“Zayn had been rubbing his tummy, then suddenly took a deep breath and dashed off stage because he felt so unwell. The others were concerned for a while, until [Niall Horan] checked with management to make sure he’d be okay,” a source for the publication said. “They moved up to take his seat away so it didn't look too weird, while Zayn went back to his hotel to recover."
But if 1Ders are concerned over Zayn’s wellbeing, they can rest easy. Reports suggest the singer had simply partied too hard with his band mates the night before.
Some initially speculated that adjusting to Japanese culture’s love for raw fish was the real culprit. Last Thursday, Zayn’s band mate Niall Horan tweeted a photo of a plate of raw fish to his followers, with the caption, “Amazing sashimi we had yesterday! Incredible !”
But sources for the British tabloid the Mirror, suggested that the illness likely had more to do with the band’s excursions the previous night at a karaoke bar.
“We had a great night, it was loadsa fun,” Zayn’s band mate Liam Payne said. “We sang lots of songs, in particular some Jay-Z, there was a 50 Cent number, the Baha Men...”
Neither Zayn nor a press rep for the band explained what the source of his illness had been.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet