The Nemenoff Report Bonds Higher, S&P's Lower, Silver Higher
By Marc Nemenoff | January 24, 2013 1:40 AM EST
Financials: Mar. Bonds are currently 6 higher at 146'07 and the 10 Yr. Note 3.5 higher at 132'12. The market awaits an interim approval for an extension of the debt ceiling through May 18th. For the near term I still want to look at the Bonds as a trading affair. That being said I am going to raise both support and resistance a bit, but maintain my overall negative bias. Support is now 144'24 and resistance 147'04. The 200 day moving average for a lead month contract remains at the 148'00 level. I mention this statistic as it is one of the indicators that is watched by fund managers as an indication of trend.
Grains: Mar. Corn is currentlyabout steady at 728'6, Mar. Beans fractionally lower at 1451'0, Mar. Wheat unchanged at 779'2 and Dec. Wheat steady at 817'6. Continue to treat Mar. Corn as a trading affair between 712'0 and 740'0. As I have mentioned the last few reports you might consider buying a call spread in Dec. Wheat for a long term trade. Currently the 900'0/950'0 call spread is trading for about 12'0 and the 900'0/1000'0 call spread is trading at about 21'0.
Cattle: Apr. LC is currently 10 lower at 130.375 and Mar. FC 12 lower at 146.875. As mentioned in the last few letters, producers who have on short futures positions as hedges, might consider buying out of the money calls and/or call spreads against their short futures to protect themselves from price advances. Speculatively speaking, these markets appear to be trying to make a bottom and I am looking at breaks as buying opportunities with protective sell stops 25-50 points below recent lows of 129.350 in Apr. LC and 144.425 in Mar. FC.
S&P's: Mar. S&P's are currently 3.00 lower at 1486.50. Yesterday the market ran up late in the session after the release of positive earnings for Google, Apple, etc., resulting in a new contract high of 1490.50. My bias remains negative and I am lightly short (meaning I am positioning with fewer contracts than my usual unit. Support is currently 1468.00 and resistance the overnight contract high of 1490.50.
Currencies: As of this writing the Mar. Euro is trading 16 higher at 1.3340, the Swiss 3 lower at 1.0765, the Yen 25 higher at 1.1298 and the Pound 40 higher at 1.5881. If you remain short the Euro either cover your position or continue to use a protective buy stop at 1.3365.
888.908.4310 | 312.264.4310
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown