Samsung Galaxy S4 Aka Altius with Wireless Charging and 2600mAh Battery to go on Sale in April
By Sarmistha Acharya | January 23, 2013 8:10 PM EST
Samsung's next Galaxy S series smartphone, widely known as Galaxy S4, is now appeared to have codenamed as Altius.
The upcoming flagship smartphone, previously codenamed as 'Project J,' has been now changed to Altius (J). The Samsung Altius is expected to be available in two colour variants: black and white, notes Sammobile.
The Galaxy S4 was earlier rumoured to support wireless charging and Samsung was said to be making a back cover with wireless charging support as well as charging dock for the upcoming handset. Both of these modules were expected to be sold separately.
Interestingly, according to the latest revelation, the Galaxy S4 is indeed likely to feature wireless charging. In addition to that, Samsung will sell a separate dock and a back cover. The wireless charging kit will be available in a couple of weeks after the smartphone go on sale.
The back cover with wireless charging feature indicates that Galaxy S4 will have a removable back cover, like the current Galaxy S3.
The Galaxy S4 is believed to pack a 2600mAh battery as opposed to the 2100mAh battery of Galaxy S3.
Samsung is yet to finalise the name for its upcoming flagship smartphone and has changed the model number of the handset to GT-I9500 since number 4 is believed to be unlucky in Korea. Although, Samsung mobile vice president, J S Shin has confirmed the name to be Galaxy S4, there are bizaree speculations based on the name.
The South Korean mobile manufacturer is expected to hold a Mobile Unpacked event scheduled on 22 March in the US. The Galaxy S4 is expected to be introduced at the event. As far as the release date is concerned, the company intends to start shipping the device sometime from week 16, which is 15 April.
Apart from these, the Galaxy S4 is rumoured to have a 4.99in Super AMOLED full HD display. It will use Exynos 5 Octa processor and paired with Mali-T658 graphics unit. The device will have 2GB of RAM. It will feature a 13 megapixel rear-camera capable of capturing 1080p video at 30 frames per second (fps). There will be a two megapixel front-camera which can record 720p HD video. The handset will run on Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) once it comes of box.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013