CyanogenMod 10.1 Milestone 1 Ready to Install on Samsung Galaxy, Nexus Devices [Quick Guide]
By Erik Pineda | January 23, 2013 2:40 PM EST
The popular CyanogenMod 10.1 gained a step higher and is said to be more stable and more reliable than the previous versions. Officially, the ROM is now called CyanogenMod 10.1 Milestone 1 and is ready for flashing on selected Samsung and Nexus devices.
For those wanting to get a taste of the JellyBean 4.2, this ROM is the next best thing while hopelessly waiting for your handset manufacturers and service providers to finally embrace the latest Android sweets.
One piece of advice though from Engadget: M1 is deployed with relative stability but is far from perfect to be considered as an alternative firmware. When seriously considering a jump, proceed with utmost caution.
Yet compared to other ROMs out there, the new CM10.1 poses less risks to Android handsets. The key, according to experts, is careful preparation prior to actual installation.
Rashid Saeed of DonAndroid.com has prepared a quick guide for those willing to test drive the new CM10.1 flavour on their devices.
Mr Saeed listed the following gadgets as the initial beneficiary of this Android modification:
- Samsung Captivate
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus
- Nexus 7 Wi-Fi/GSM
- Nexus 10
- Nexus S
- Galaxy S3 (US Variants)
- Galaxy S2
- Galaxy S
- Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
- Galaxy Tab 2 7
Different versions of the MOD can be accessed here: http://get.cm/?type=snapshot, and take note that for every device a version of the CM10.1-M1 is specifically applicable. It is expected that more devices will be added to the 'compatible list' in the days and weeks ahead, Mr Saeed said.
At the moment, Android handset owners who found their phone on the list can proceed with the installation of CM10.1-M1 by following the guide cooked up by DonAndroid.com. Here is the link: http://donandroid.com/how-to-install-custom-rom-in-cwm-recovery-install-zip-from-sd-card-639.
Again, bear in mind this important note from Mr Saeed: "Please follow our step by step guide to flash CM10.1-M1 on your device." That way, you'll skip out on unnecessary troubles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2