LG to Release Optimus G in Australia Exclusively for Telstra in March
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 23, 2013 10:30 AM EST
The South Korean company, LG, confirmed that their flagship smartphone Optimus G will be sold in Australia exclusively by Telstra. But the device is not yet available until March, and its launch has been delayed due to required network testing.
Lambro Skropidis, general marketing manager at LG Australia, said, "Telstra 4G is the perfect complement for the Optimus G, a smartphone that represents the very best that LG offers in innovation and technology, and one that is sure to be a great success with consumers. This isn't just high-performance phone with the latest bells and whistles; it's a collaboration of some of the best component makers on the planet coming together for a singular cause: to develop a smartphone that truly stands out from its competitors and offers consumers practical features in line with LG's commitment to making lives better."
The director of Telstra Mobile, Andrew Volard, also said that Telstra was looking forward to bringing Optimus G to Australia's largest 4G-enabled network. "Optimus G is a phenomenal smartphone that combines superb build quality, a beautiful 4.7-inch display and latest quad-core processor technology. When paired with Telstra's high-speed 4G coverage - which is available in more than 100 metropolitan and regional areas across the nation - it's a high performance package we know our customers will love."
The LG Optimus G was released in August 2012 and went on sale September in the same year in South Korea then was launched globally in late 2012.
LG Optimus G technical details:
4.7-inch True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touchscreen display
Gorilla Glass Protection
Android 4.0.4 ICS with planned upgrade to 4.1.2 Jellybean
1.5GHz quad-core processor
Adreno 320 Graphics chipset
2GB of RAM
32GB internal memory
8MP rear shooter camera with LED flash and 1080p@30fps video recording
1.3MP front camera
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kohl's Black Friday 2014 Online Deals Available Now Until Nov. 28, 2014 Including Free Shipping For Orders Worth $50 And More [WATCH VIDEO]
- BHP Billiton To Turn Olympic Dam Mine To World’s 2nd Largest Copper Mine
- A Bearded Man Is Arresting UberX Drivers Across Sydney
- From Iron Ore To Infant Formula, Gina Rinehart To Build $175M Cancer Hospital In Darwin
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510