LG to Release Optimus G in Australia Exclusively for Telstra in March
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 23, 2013 10:30 AM EST
The South Korean company, LG, confirmed that their flagship smartphone Optimus G will be sold in Australia exclusively by Telstra. But the device is not yet available until March, and its launch has been delayed due to required network testing.
Lambro Skropidis, general marketing manager at LG Australia, said, "Telstra 4G is the perfect complement for the Optimus G, a smartphone that represents the very best that LG offers in innovation and technology, and one that is sure to be a great success with consumers. This isn't just high-performance phone with the latest bells and whistles; it's a collaboration of some of the best component makers on the planet coming together for a singular cause: to develop a smartphone that truly stands out from its competitors and offers consumers practical features in line with LG's commitment to making lives better."
The director of Telstra Mobile, Andrew Volard, also said that Telstra was looking forward to bringing Optimus G to Australia's largest 4G-enabled network. "Optimus G is a phenomenal smartphone that combines superb build quality, a beautiful 4.7-inch display and latest quad-core processor technology. When paired with Telstra's high-speed 4G coverage - which is available in more than 100 metropolitan and regional areas across the nation - it's a high performance package we know our customers will love."
The LG Optimus G was released in August 2012 and went on sale September in the same year in South Korea then was launched globally in late 2012.
LG Optimus G technical details:
4.7-inch True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touchscreen display
Gorilla Glass Protection
Android 4.0.4 ICS with planned upgrade to 4.1.2 Jellybean
1.5GHz quad-core processor
Adreno 320 Graphics chipset
2GB of RAM
32GB internal memory
8MP rear shooter camera with LED flash and 1080p@30fps video recording
1.3MP front camera
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66