Temple Run 2 Logs 20 Million Plus Downloads in 6 Hours
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 23, 2013 10:10 AM EST
Temple Run's success led to the release of its sequel, Temple Run 2, in the Apple App Store. The game has been downloaded more than 20 million times since its initial release. It became the number 1 Free App within six hours and third-highest grossing app.
Keith Shepherd, co-founder of Imangi, developer of the game said, "The response from fans has been overwhelming, we are thrilled players want more of the Temple Run universe, and we hope to grow and expand the game over the coming months."
Temple Runs 2 stays fun by not diverging it from the prequel and the formula is still simple: run, jump, and dodge to stay in the game. The sequel has been made cleaner and few more obstacles are added to increase the fun level of the game.
The game's positive review includes nice visual improvements, minecart sections mix lend variety, more twist, and more turning.
The status of the game is still "running for your life" and seems like forever once you keep your fingers across the touchscreen.
- Behind-the-back running approach, intact
- Upward and downward swiping
- Side swiping for turns
- Device tilting
- Zip lines for flashier routes
- More options for randomly generated courses
- Now utilises Jetpack Joyride-inspired objectives system
- Level up profile by completing three small tasks anytime
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown