Temple Run 2 Logs 20 Million Plus Downloads in 6 Hours
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 23, 2013 10:10 AM EST
Temple Run's success led to the release of its sequel, Temple Run 2, in the Apple App Store. The game has been downloaded more than 20 million times since its initial release. It became the number 1 Free App within six hours and third-highest grossing app.
Keith Shepherd, co-founder of Imangi, developer of the game said, "The response from fans has been overwhelming, we are thrilled players want more of the Temple Run universe, and we hope to grow and expand the game over the coming months."
Temple Runs 2 stays fun by not diverging it from the prequel and the formula is still simple: run, jump, and dodge to stay in the game. The sequel has been made cleaner and few more obstacles are added to increase the fun level of the game.
The game's positive review includes nice visual improvements, minecart sections mix lend variety, more twist, and more turning.
The status of the game is still "running for your life" and seems like forever once you keep your fingers across the touchscreen.
- Behind-the-back running approach, intact
- Upward and downward swiping
- Side swiping for turns
- Device tilting
- Zip lines for flashier routes
- More options for randomly generated courses
- Now utilises Jetpack Joyride-inspired objectives system
- Level up profile by completing three small tasks anytime
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- Fairfax Chief Executive Greg Hywood Reiterates Commitment to Radio; No Merger With Macquarie Radio
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More