Inaugural After-Party: Obamas Host Star Studded Bash After the Inauguration Ball [PHOTOS]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 23, 2013 5:47 AM EST
After a long day of Inaugural events, the president and first lady cut loose at their after party with a host of celebrity friends.
The first couple was spotted leaving the Inauguration Ball in Washington D.C. at around 10.30 p.m. on Monday night, according to the Daily Mail, after which they returned to the White House where the shindig took place.
The Obamas and their guests reportedly partied into the wee hours of the morning, and took advantage of several photo ops that were shared via Instagram and Twitter by attendees.
“I don't even know what to say. It's 3:15am and I just teared up seeing our president getting down at the white house,” John Legend's model girlfriend, Chrissy Teigen tweeted.
Both she and Legend shared photos of themselves from the event that they attended together.
Singer, Eric Benet and his family were also in attendance, and his daughter India shared a photo of them and his wife, Manuela Testolini, posing for a photo with Katy Perry and John Mayer.
India famously did the dance for Beyonce’s “Single Ladies,” alongside First Lady Michelle Obama.
Kelly Clarkson, who performed “My Country, Tis of Thee,” at the inauguration ceremony that morning attended the after party with her fiancé Brandon Blackstock, and wore a floral Oscar De La Renta gown. She shared a photo of herself and Blackstock in their “fancy” attire.
“Just partied at the White House. I kid you not, Michelle Obama stood up and got the party started...seriously cool First Lady,” Clarkson tweeted as she left around midnight, according to the Mail.
However, many guests stayed a lot later. Perry tweeted at 3 a.m, “Just left the White House. All other parties from here on our will be judged unless they take place at the White House.”
Other inaugural performers in attendance included Alicia Keys, who performed at the Inaugural Ball earlier in the evening, and was accompanied at the after party by her husband, Swizz Beatz.
The couple shared photos they took with the president and first lady; Beatz shared a photo of him and Barack embracing among the festive crowd.
Apparently, fun was had by all; Teigen tweeted Tuesday morning alongside a photo of herself still in bed, “Bleeeehhhhsjsksjsjskjsbsjsknsksksn. Worth it.”
The president and first lady however; were apparently up bright and early in order to attend the Presidential Inaugural Prayer Service at the National Cathedral in Washington.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique