Box Office Collection: ‘Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu’, ‘Naayak’ Going Rock Steady
By Ankita Mehta | January 23, 2013 12:16 AM EST
The year 2013 started off on a good note for the Telugu film industry as two new releases "Naayak" and "Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu" are performing well at the box offices.
The multi-starrer film "SVSC" is going rock-steady particularly in the international market. The family drama in its second weekend raked in ₹1.09 crore ($2, 03,160) on 70 screens in the US.
The 10-day total earring of the movie stands at ₹8.31 crore ($15, 48,709) from the US box office alone.
"SVSC", directed by Srikanth Addala, features Mahesh Babu, Venkatesh, Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Anjali in the lead roles. The film opened to an overwhelming response and Babu's fan base in the US also helped the business of the film.
"The audience loved 'Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu' as they felt it to be a good family movie in a long time. The response we have received since its release has been very healthy and we are happy that it is doing good business in the overseas market as well," producer Dil Raju told IANS.
"Naayak", which has Ram Charan Teja and Amala Paul in the lead roles, also received rave reviews from critics for being a wholesome entertainer.
The action comedy and romantic film, which was released on Jan 9 worldwide, grossed approximately ₹33 lakh from the US box office in the second weekend.
The grand total of the film after the second weekend overseas is ₹2.53 crores ($4, 71,300). Ram Charan's movie collection is much lower as compared to Babu's film.
Both the films are giving a tough competition to Hindi movies at the US box office.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal